Middle harbour today

sbf1

I took my 6 year old boy and my 85 year old grand father old for run early this morning. We launched at roughly 530 am from tunks park. The weather was not looking the best so I headed to sugarloaf bay to chase some bream. Was a little slow but we were getting the occasional fish amongst little reds that were annoying. We bagged a nice 64cm flathead roughy 7.00. The very next cast with the same rod (1-3 kg Saratoga $15ebay special with a nice Diawa larguna 2500 reel 6 lb mono) I was reaching over to put the rod in the holder when it suddenly went off, almost taking the rod from my hand. It ran for roughly 50 meters. I got it to a point were it would go then take off again. It went around the boat 3 times. At this stage I wasn't sure what it was. It has this slow thud thud thud which I started thinking stingray. It played with me for roughly 10 minutes before I got to see what it was. I freaked when I saw silver. After 4 attempts of netting we had success, 79cm kingy. I was stoked, cheap rod, good reel, 6 lb mono and size 4 hook with a BLOODWORM !

post-24531-0-51605000-1369456109_thumb.jpg

Great work there mate. It's surprising what you can catch fish on. A few years ago I was fishing land based in balmain. I was using a light outfit 6lb line and size 1 bait holder hook with chicken gut and aiming for bream. Long story short I hooked and landed a 75cm king, that's one capture ill never forget.

Cheers Daniel