Boat test run and some squid

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Finaly got the boat back on the water after being out of action for five months.

Went out with chris (pongrass) too sydney harbour too test the boat out and chase some squid spent the first hour just cruising around and checking things out when we arrived at one off my go to spots first drift resulted in no squid so we repeated the drift then chris was on and i cast too a follower off his hooked squid and i was on aswell we repeated this drift and pattern for one and a half hours calling it quits just on dark.

Very happy with the boats repairs got some squid as a bonus got twelve squid with the biggest around forty cm hood length with the average around thirty cm not monsters but good fun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers trevor

Guest hawkesbass

Nice one mate. Got taken to the cleaners a few times over the years by (sail) boat mechanics, if you found a competent one hang on to them!

I did the repairs myself in my freetime thats my it took awhile but happy with the results ran perfectly

Guest hawkesbass

Trevor we are going squidding soon I hope? Great catch and hope to see you soon. How the luderick fishing?

cheers

Ad

hi adrian if you are free one sat arvo/evening let me know and we can head out i will be away next weekend but should be good after then

Guest hawkesbass

Groper it was more trailer and hull damage then i found some electrical gremlins that needed to be sorted out but all good