Bob day today

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Hit up the stones with the blow in and my mechanic today too get a feed for his family reunion tomorrow went too my sneaky high ledge that fishes well with a big southerly and swell working.

On the way out my mechanic asked what the stale rolls were for my reply was burley and we would use bread for bait it did not take long once we were fishing for my mechanic too start too come around too the bread as bait as i had the first blackfish in the net in under five minutes with the blow in next too land one then my mechanic got a nice fish himself.

For the next four hours untill the high tide we got constant bites and hookups with a few bust off by pigs and small bream throw backs we kept twenty four fish ranging from thirty too forty cms

Not a bad day considering the strong wind i just could not handle my mechanic complaining on the walk out about the weight of the fish he was carrying.

Posted Image

Cheers trevor

Guest hawkesbass

Jeez mate what a haul! I never use bread as bait much as it always falls off the hook within a few seconds of hitting the water. Any pointers to keep it on the hook?

Tear the crust off and add it too the burley and tear the bread into sqaures of around 15mm each side place the hook into the middle of the sqaure and mould it around the shank off the hook squeezing the air out leaving the bottom fluffy this works for me

Guest hawkesbass

good one trevor were you fishing the bread baits under a bobby cork float or a pea sinker running to a hook?

I was fishing unweighted baits while the other two were fishing small weighted bobby floats

Guest hawkesbass

Nice catch.

Is the bag limit 20

Bag limit is twenty but three of us fishing so well under our bag limits

• 2 weeks later...

Hit up the stones with the blow in and my mechanic today too get a feed for his family reunion tomorrow went too my sneaky high ledge that fishes well with a big southerly and swell working.

On the way out my mechanic asked what the stale rolls were for my reply was burley and we would use bread for bait it did not take long once we were fishing for my mechanic too start too come around too the bread as bait as i had the first blackfish in the net in under five minutes with the blow in next too land one then my mechanic got a nice fish himself.

For the next four hours untill the high tide we got constant bites and hookups with a few bust off by pigs and small bream throw backs we kept twenty four fish ranging from thirty too forty cms

Not a bad day considering the strong wind i just could not handle my mechanic complaining on the walk out about the weight of the fish he was carrying.

y9y7y2us.jpg

Cheers trevor

Great haul for the party. I love being able to provide for parties, although it does not happen very often.

On a different note...

Try using some punctuation.

Look up the difference between too and to.

Let's set better examples for our kids.

Agree trev, this is fishraider not Australian spelling championships!

Maybe a debate on forum punctuation and spelling would be a good topic for the Bar. But this is about Hawky's report, and a damned good one at that. Great pic. How went the family reunion, for all of that?

Cheers,

Nursie

• 11 months later...