first ever drummer!

matyg

hi all,

had a chance to go down the south coast with some experienced rock fishos this weekend. we were fishing out of bawley point about 30kms north of batemans bay. I was already to go at 630 in the morning but it turned out I was about an hour and a half too early for everyone else i was fishing with, so after a fry up we had a 35min walk to the rock platform (sorry cant tell you where as I don't actually know myself). as soon as we got there it rained and didnt really let up for 5 hours but we stuck to it. very proud to say I caught my first drummer which was the goal for the day it went 45cms which I am really stoked about. I attached a pic I took with my red pliers hoping to enter it into catch of the month. I was wondering if anyone could guess at how heavy a 45cm drummer would be as we didnt have scales, I guessed about 2.5kg .

that was caught on the run in about an hour before high, lightly weighted prawn. we had a good day all up with groper, trev, blackfish and salmon all coming over the rocks along with a couple of more drummer.

post-19844-0-65188600-1372027411_thumb.jpg