Botany Bay Friday Arvo Drama

tinny1

Had a interesting arvo last Friday trying to find a spot out of the 25kt SW winds , Molinuex Pt was the only place where the water was calm managed a stinkin pike there so i decided to head over to the other side to my usual spots but the winds made it almost impossible to flick the plastics .Was going to give it another 30 mins before heading off when i noticed 2 blokes who had just moored their work boat at Captain Cooks landing and were rowing back to the oil wharf in a little tinny the poor blokes were struggling so i went over a threw them a line and started to tow them in when a tug came over and took them the rest of the way , i then decided to call it a day and started to head back to the ramp it took me nearly 20 mins from the oil wharf to the edge of the 1st runway when i noticed 2 young girls on a jet ski drifting into the runway breakwall , i threw them the same line i had just tossed out to the row boat lads and tried to turn them away from the rocks but the swell was making it too hard and they were getting too close , they then fell off the ski with life jackets on thankfully and continued to drift into the rocks by this time i was getting close myself and yelled out to forget the ski and get in the boat i had to put the motor in neutral so they could jump up on the back step safely i grabbed the 2nd girls arms and dragged her in but it was too late and the "flickinlures" boat was banging sideways against the rocks " go the tinnies " while a A380 was taxiing right next to us witnessing the drama unfolding , i put the steering on full lock and threw it into reverse getting a couple of bathloads of water over the stern,the sound of my poor little boat scraping the rocks was a little worrying but the 2 girls were safe, as for the ski it was being bashed against the rock wall as we headed back to the ramp .I gave them my phone to call their parents who had by the way told them both not to take the ski out for the obvious reasons, the only smart thing they did that day was to call the police before i arrived , we met up with the Police on the way back and they asked if everyone was ok , they said they would try and salvage the ski if they could , not sure how they went .The parents were very glad to see their girls safely back on shore and couldn't thank me enough.Not much fishing was done but it certainly wasn't a dull arvo on the Bay.I did this little video just to show what the condtions were like , no footage of the rescue had no time lol

Guest Aussie007

good job mate dont worry about the boat it just has battle scars now, u done a good deed and karma will return the favor be it 1 week or 10 years from now :biggrinthumb:

Well done helping girls , putting your own life at risk also . Boat ok?

Thanks mate , boat is all good got couple of new scratches but thats why i have a tinny .I probably pushed it a little longer than i should have trying to save the jet ski but i was pretty confident everyone was going to come out unscathed as we all had PFD's on but there is always a risk i suppose ,I have nothing but praise for the professional guys in the police, waterways and volunteer coastal patrol who take on the big stuff outside, these girls were fortunate it was well inside the bay and not out the front.

Thanks Hull we do have a special badge - I have given this member with excellent Raider behaviour a Gold Member badge

Well done to you flickinlures :1clap:

Wow i definately wasn't expecting an award thanks Hull for the nomination and thanks mrsswordy for my new badge .To celebrate i am offering 1 Raider that can make it to the Kyeemagh ramp on Mutch st tomorrow Friday arvo around 1.30pm for free fishin trip on the "flickinlures" boat to test out for leaks ( just joking :banana: ) it'll be a soft plastics or any type of lure fishing arvo on Botany Bay inside only till around 5pm , Just bring your plastics gear and be prepared to be in the next "flickinlures" movie .PM me if interested .The weather looks a whole lot better than last Friday ands it'll be a nice little run out tide .

cheers Mark