Stockholm Redfin

Heeeelllloooooo raiders from Copenhagen!

If you hadn't guessed it, I am currently travelling around Europe and have a little spare time to write up a report of recent fishing trips (lucky enough to get the nod from the girlfriend to be able to)

First couple of sessions in Stockholm resulted in small fish but taught me the one, I wasn't going to catch my desired pike and two that I should be using plastics!

It was the third session that was the all important one which probably would have been the hottest bite I have ever experienced, I lost count of the fish I caught so I kept counting the casts I didn't catch fish on (for those counting score at home it was 11 in 2 hours)
First lure choice was the good old squidgy wriggler in..... That's right bloodworm. It was working so well that when a fish took it too deep to recover I was shattered. The next lure choice I had was a squidgy fish bass pimped to swim better and be a bit smaller, this seemed to be the right choice as it had started to result in some bigger fish. By this stage I also had a one man audience who was just fascinated in what I was using and what I was doing to get sooooo many fish! Unfortunately he spoke very little English (still didn't seem to be a barrier when I caught a larger or small fish)

In this time he was watching I don't think I had one cast that I didn't get a fish. I even caught a few 30+cm fish which I was stocked with as they have a good account for them selves compared to the hand sized fish I was catching.

By the time he had to move on I gave him my last unrigged squidgy and kept fishing. Still catching plenty of fish to leave them biting at 8am

Here's a few pics of the fish I caught.

post-3198-0-06958000-1373490748_thumb.jpg

post-3198-0-08720900-1373490778_thumb.jpg

post-3198-0-22329700-1373490813_thumb.jpg

post-3198-0-01585100-1373490858_thumb.jpg

post-11518-0-57720300-1373488754_thumb.jpg
Cheers stu

Edited by Hodgey

Well done Stu. Did you happen to sample any on the plate? Wonder if they are as tasty as the redfin here?!

Terrific report mate, but you didn't have to travel that far for a session on the reddies :lol: Enjoy the rest of your holiday...you're a long way from the bass and Murray Cod!

Cheers

Ian

Thats awesome dude! Sweden is a lovely place and it looks like there is no shortage of fish. Congrats on pulling so many fish out. WHat kind of retrieve were you using for them? I have a feeling the fellow who you gave the squidgy to will be soon replicating your effort.

Look out northern waters.

Luc.

Well done Stu. Did you happen to sample any on the plate? Wonder if they are as tasty as the redfin here?!

Terrific report mate, but you didn't have to travel that far for a session on the reddies :lol: Enjoy the rest of your holiday...you're a long way from the bass and Murray Cod!

Cheers

Ian

Thanks for the picture edit hodgey! No sampling on the plate but many of the people walking past were shocked I was throwing them back because of how good they are to eat! So they do like them here and the waters of Stockholm are very clean for a big city. You are right though a long way from our natives and even further to just get Redfin.

Thanks for all the replies raiders! It's just over halfway until I am home. And maybe some more fishing to come

Thats awesome dude! Sweden is a lovely place and it looks like there is no shortage of fish. Congrats on pulling so many fish out. WHat kind of retrieve were you using for them? I have a feeling the fellow who you gave the squidgy to will be soon replicating your effort.

Look out northern waters.

Luc.

Cheers luc! The retrieve with the wriggler was a slow roll in the arvo but in the morning session just the double hop did the trick. And the fish was a double or single hop if it hit the bottom!

Ooooooo we will be in Finland soon! Looks like you are having a ball Stu. Where else have you been?

Hey Donna, I have spent a couple of days in London but most of my time has been travelling through Sweden spa ding a large amount of time in laholm where I tried my hand at salmon fishing seeing 3, 8kg fish jump. Tonight I am leaving to Dublin an doing a tour around Ireland then off to Paris!

Enjoy Finland and sneak the rods! Lots of squidgies and zmans. Jig heads of all weights

Great stuff Stu!

International man of Fishraider!! :horse:

Well done on the Reddies.

You are going to LOVE Dublin.

It is a fun city with great people.

Enjoy mate. Your trip brings back alot of fond memories. :drunk:

Cheers,

Grant.

Hey - sounds like great fun. Nothing like a foreigner braining the local species with squidgy soft plastics :biggrinthumb: . Very urban setting similar to fishing Sydney Harbour from the shore. Have a safe rest of your holiday and hope you'll be able to squeeze in more fishing time ...

Good onya Stu and great post. I am very envious of you to get the opportunity to fish Europe while also enjoying the adventure. There is no fishing out here and not so much beer either. Enjoy Dublin and everything that Ireland has to offer. Hopefully Steph will allow you to enjoy an educational tour of the Guinness Brewery :28: . See you in early September and hopefully we can get onto some Spring Bass.

Cheers grant! I wouldn't call it international man of Fishraider every overseas location I go I seem to catch Redfin haha. I am also looking forward to participate in the local meeting down at the watering hole.

You're right pmak it very much felt like the harbour just a lot older! The choice to pack the squidgies was very last minute too as I thought I would be targeting trout!

I can imagine there is not much fishing going on or drinking of cold ales! The "educational" tour has already been booked and allowed. Thankfully it's on our tour we are already doing though so really permission is not needed. Spring bass is a must! Might even teach you the jerkbait technique if you're lucky