Carp

Went for a quick flick last week trying to get these buggers on lures but didn't have any success. Threw a bit of bread on a hook and not long after managed this sucker. With last light having gone by a while ago, packed up shop and headed back. Caught in the middle upper reaches of the Georges. Will try on lures again one day.

post-25384-0-95986000-1373699805_thumb.jpg

I wanna get stuck into these. Last time I tried ducks made it impossible. Hey try fool them with some sort of sponge on a hook with some s factor on it. Pound for pound they put up a good fight. Theres a small pond shall we call it near my place. Its full of eel. They should introduce these there. Its isolated. It'd give kids something to look at and feed and give me something to do!

Lol they're trying to legalize bow hunting carp.

Haha, sounds like an idea! Must be some massive eels in there, but there might be some carp there. They seem to exist in any condition of water that has a fresh component. That bow carp hunting proposition is pretty extreme

Edited by nbdshroom

• 5 weeks later...

They are great on fly gear imitation bread flies, yellow glo bugs, wolly buggers and small nymphs will do the trick

Sounds like an exciting prospect. Might have to get myself a fly setup one of these days and give it real hot go. Will probably need to practice a heap since SargeRX8 who recently started using his flyrod definitely needed more practice from the way he was fishing the last time we did - he hooked a tree lol :)

And they smash poppers when retrieved slowly first thing in the morning or late in the afternoon. Especially when they are jumping out of the water chasing insects. :brucelee:

Carp on surface, that would be great.

Edited by nbdshroom

I've done a 5.4kg carp on a lil 5mm popper before great fun on 4lb

That's a good solid fish, was this in the summer when they were feeding off surface? Would of had to back off the drag on her and let her run, definitely a very exciting prospect!

They will absolutely smash a surface lure. Great adrenaline rush on the 6lb silly string. I won't go lighter... I'm too chicken.

Lost way too many good lures on under-gunned tackle because of carp.

And if you are fishing bait, back your drag right off, and it helps catch the picky fish. It also stops the carp from dragging your rod in, they are notorious for pinching rods when you are not looking.

Stinky fish, but good dirty fighters.

Steve