Late Afternoon Flathead Drift

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Finished work early today and met up with my good mate Basil (Groper) for a flathead drift as the winds were low and its a feed we haven't had for a while.

Got to the ramp at 2.30pm and headed straight past Jibbon Bommie and started our drift. Had a good laugh because if there wasn't a bite on the first drop Basil kept saying "let's move". I think he was more eager than me to find the flathead. We found a good patch and marked them on the sounder and we gathered a good feed before sundown. The jackets are there but not as bad as they were in previous weeks.

Shared our feed at the boat ramp and we were both very happy with what we caught in such a short space of time. It was a mixed bag of Tiger Flathead and Bluespot Flathead. All caught using squid bait.

Chris

post-13990-0-47455700-1374922065_thumb.jpg

Nice feed for you both cant complain with that catch in short period of time

Not often you find a patch of them and get a good feed in a short time, 18 of them were cuaght in one hour.

Nice catch!, What type of rig and depth are you fishing? love the deep water flatties!

we tried various spots and depth starting at at 150 got, we got most fish at 100ft.

Good job guys.. For a short window and mission accomplish.

Cheers Tony, hopefully I can get out next Saturday to the Humps if the weather permits. I couldn't go yesterday I got stuck at work..

What a week, Monday and Tuesday Get up 5am, at work by 6am, Wednesday up at 4.30am get the early flight to Melbourne with the family, watched Liverpool and Melbourne Victory do Battle, Up again 5am Thursday early flight back to Sydney,

full house clean up Thursday, up again Friday 5am and 6pm start work, 2.30 pm nearing shift finish get a call to cover someone at 4pm till 8pm, home at 9pm,

Saturday morning up at 5pm start work 6am finish 11am, track work and late trains, got home 12.15 pm, packed the lunch get changed, chris was at my place 1pm at Jibon point by 2pm and Flathead ground by 3pm, out of the water at 6pm, washed the boat and home by 8.30pm, bath and Bed, up today to finish cleaning inside the boat.

OH wait, it all starts again Monday, Anyone tired reading this :insane:

Edited by Groper

Not often you find a patch of them and get a good feed in a short time, 18 of them were cuaght in one hour.

we tried various spots and depth starting at at 150 got, we got most fish at 100ft.

Cheers Tony, hopefully I can get out next Saturday to the Humps if the weather permits. I couldn't go yesterday I got stuck at work..

What a week, Monday and Tuesday Get up 5am, at work by 6am, Wednesday up at 4.30am get the early flight to Melbourne with the family, watched Liverpool and Melbourne Victory do Battle, Up again 5am Thursday early flight back to Sydney,

full house clean up Thursday, up again Friday 5am and 6pm start work, 2.30 pm nearing shift finish get a call to cover someone at 4pm till 8pm, home at 9pm,

Saturday morning up at 5pm start work 6am finish 11am, track work and late trains, got home 12.15 pm, packed the lunch get changed, chris was at my place 1pm at Jibon point by 2pm and Flathead ground by 3pm, out of the water at 6pm, washed the boat and home by 8.30pm, bath and Bed, up today to finish cleaning inside the boat.

OH wait, it all starts again Monday, Anyone tired reading this :insane:

yeah i am good catch by the way looking like an early season this year for some species

That is a great bag, awesome form guys. I love flathead, they are such an awesome fish and sooooo tasty. I had a little SP flick today for a couple in the hawksbury after the hairtail social. I managed a couple of nice mid 40's samples come in which was a nice treat considering that I couldn't land a hairtail and haven't had the chance to go for them for a while. I am looking forward to chewing on one tomorrow. Enjoy!