Looking forward to some bass with a new Yak

mottyman

Hi all,

It's been years since I've been online or even fishing for that matter but thought I'd get back into some bass and perhaps bream this summer.

Picked up my new Yak this week. It hasn't seen water yet but I'm looking forward to christening it with some scaly friends before too long. Will fish the Nepean mostly but hopefully will get down to some places on the Parra like Hen and Chicken Bay for some bream as well.

Anyway, really just a short post to say G'day to anyone who might still remember me on here and whack up a couple of picks of the new ride.

Later :biggrinthumb:

David.

post-237-0-21928700-1375860883_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-55274600-1375860909_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bassboy, indeed and looking forward to it.

G'day Grant, been a very long time :D , looking forward to dragging a few bronze battlers into the yak this season.

Good or bad I'll post some reports of where i've been, the conditions, some on the water pics and hopefully a fish or two all being well. :biggrin2:

Take care.

Cheers

David.

G'day Sarge, it might be but I bought this one off Ebay. A mate who introduced me to Kayak fishing and has a number of Yaks and canoes bought one and recommended it to me as a starter - you really can't do better for the money and for a first Yak. He uses his up at Harrington and reckons its great.

It feels really solid, and has some good features like two side handles so you can pick it up one handed, comes with the seat, 5 rod holders, two water proof storage compartments plus the storage area at the back. Also has two carry handled forward and back and even a spot to put your water bottle for a drink :-) You can also get them with a stainless bracket and 4lb electric motor!

In all it looks really good.

When I can get out I'll post a report of how it goes - likes and dislikes, things that worked, things that didn't etc etc. At this stage I reckon I can carry the Yak in one hand using the side handle, my two rods in the other hand and my backpack on my back down to the water in one trip without having to take the Yak and then run back and forth with gear, depending on the territory of course.

I also own a Van so I don't have to get it on and off the roof of a car but its not that heavy so dont' think that will be an issue.

Cheers

David.