My Sons First Snapper beat my PB

Simda

Finally I was luck to finally meet someone that is teaching me to fish and take me under his wing and after what was probably my best day on the water which also happened to be my birthday we set a plan to take my middle son out and get him also onto a good Fish since he is also a fishing addict

But that meant the pressure was on for my friend the Snapper Guru. My Son already thinks he walks on water after seeing the big fish I got

At the boat show the week before I got my son a Snapper rod and reel

We did exactly the same as my earlier post Soft plastic drifting

The fishing was slow, after 2 hours we did not have a bite so my son went to sleep. Then I hooked a fish and he woke up and he got excited.

About 30 minutes later his line connects and its a good fish :horse: .

Now I'm worried cant he hold the rod by himself but I stood back and let the Guru talk him through what to do and to my amazement he is fighting the fish better than I would

it took a while to land the fish but he did it all on his own and it was a stonker,

I am still over the moon about my PB Snapper last trip and this little bugger on his first snapper beat it by 1 cm

See picture of very proud Dad and a super son.

Mission accomplished

post-7430-0-96769900-1376255241_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simda

That's a nice fish and a great story! I bet, there's a lot more effort into the next few snapper trips!

Can't have the young fella holding the bragging rights! Good on you both!

Cheers scratchie!!!

LOL I'm Already copping it from him but it wont be easy to beat,

Well done champ. For the fish and showing the old man how to fish lol

We ate it tonight, not only showed me up but fed the family as well, Ill be made redundant soon!!!!