Cheap Kayaks

jawno

I was thinking of buying a yak not so long ago (still thinking) I've been told you should try before you buy so with this I spoke to one of the sellers from that there web site, he sells from a factory unit in Kingswood and said he could organise a test drive.

off course I have not got that far yet!

Motty,

Can you direct me to the online store please? Would much rather a 2.95m yak than a 2.7m. Looks nice the one you have.

How does it go? Stable? Relatively easy to paddle with some speed? I just want tl potter around pittwater and such.

Thanks

Just bought one today online. The price was negotiable but paid $369. This comes with all the extras, back support, 5 rod holders etc.

I know this is bottom of the range but I'm an absolute novice and figured that even if its not the best, I can learn and the 4 kids can then have fun with it.

Also because I'm a tad lazy, in couple of weeks will be fitting a mincota to it as well.

Will let you know how I go with the fishing on it!

So watch this space kayak crew!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Just bought one today online. The price was negotiable but paid $369. This comes with all the extras, back support, 5 rod holders etc.

I know this is bottom of the range but I'm an absolute novice and figured that even if its not the best, I can learn and the 4 kids can then have fun with it.

Also because I'm a tad lazy, in couple of weeks will be fitting a mincota to it as well.

Will let you know how I go with the fishing on it!

So watch this space kayak crew!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Luv to hear how you go with it Scratchie, Im bordering on dipping a paddle in the water, just need to understand how the effort versus reward equation pans out.

Cheers Blood Knot

Luv to hear how you go with it Scratchie, Im bordering on dipping a paddle in the water, just need to understand how the effort versus reward equation pans out.

Cheers Blood Knot

Hey blood knot,

I'm keen to find out too! One of my mates up here is right into it and he's pulled some great fish out. He's promised to take me to a special spot where he got a 55cm bass. Only accessible in a yak! So fingers crossed I do more fishing than swimming!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Motty,

Can you direct me to the online store please? Would much rather a 2.95m yak than a 2.7m. Looks nice the one you have.

How does it go? Stable? Relatively easy to paddle with some speed? I just want tl potter around pittwater and such.

Thanks

G'day mate,

Do a search on Ebay for the seller "dealourus". He will frieght to you or you can pick up from a storage unit at Seven Hills. I didn't try mine before I bought it, my mate I go Bass'n with has one and highly recommended it to me. He has several Yaks and a canoe and reckons for the money you won't do better. As soon as it warms up and the frost disappears from my front yard I'll be on the water so will let you know how it goes. My friend uses his up at Harrington and says its great, nice a stable and easy to paddle.

Cheers

David.

I've just convinced (I hope) my family that one of the abovementioned yaks would be a better Father's day pressy than a day out at the Sydney Test. I've not sat in a yak before, so this will be a whole new experience for me. I think I'll start on the shallows at Narrabeen lake and go from there when the weather warms up a bit, so watch for my report as well.

Anyone got any thoughts on the small hand held monochrome fish finders? I know they're cheap, but are they OK for a first purchase, fishing from a yak? I'm going to have my hands full learning everything about yakking, so I thought a simple finder would be best to start with.

Cheers,

Nursie

Just went for my maiden voyage on the kayak I bought on the post above!

Went better than expected and I managed to stay dry!!!

It was also the first time I've never taken bait with me. Was throwing SP's on 1/4 jig berkley pumpkin and managed 2 tailor at about 30cm and 1 smelly old pike!

Sorry, no pics as I wasn't keen to risk the iPhone.

Tight lines all.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Well done Scratchie.

First time out and you're on to fish. I hope I'm as fortunate.

Mine should arrive in time for father's day. I changed my retailer at the last moment and purchased one through ebay. It's a Sierra. Pretty well much the same, but with moulded footrests and a small anchor added to the accessories. Gotta love the missus for supporting me on this. Poor thing doesn't realise that the money doesn't stop there. Gotta get a PFD, roof racks, fish finder, and eventually an electric motor. Still, it's gotta be more fun than being land based. Especially on those beautiful Sunday afernoons!

Looks the goods, Scratchie.

When you gonna fit the fishfinder, and what type are you gonna get? That boating camping and fishing store has a few for under $150. B&W screen, but so long as it shows structure, I'd be happy. Anywho, I look forward to your upcoming reports.

Cheers,

Nursie

post-24974-0-83454500-1378151682_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-35254800-1378151742_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-31917700-1378151847_thumb.jpg

Had to take it for a run yesterday! Was out for about an hour and a bit. The wind wasn't to bad, so top speed was 8kph. It's definitely a bit lazy but I can see the benefits in certain situations. I already have a finder that I took off the boat when I upgraded, will install shortly! Great fun, I think I'm addicted!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!