YEP more Hairtails, we had our own little social

Basil D

Got a text from Tone formasan about a hairy session in cowen creek and I jumped at the chance to go, My son spinner7 and wife mrs Groper were both keen to go. so we would have four in the boat, In the end :wife: felt crook, Christo had the maths Tudor over, his got his HSC this year but was so pissed off.

Chris met me at my place and towed my boat with his vehicle and met the Boys at the ramp and we were off.

found the going very slow and the yellow tail very hard to get, never ever in my life Ive hard to change tactics to get them, chris SAYS I will get them hahahahahaha.

anyways we got a few but found the Hail tail wernt really going for them late in the night.

Tony (formason ) comes around and asks How we are going and we only had one Hail tail at the time, Tony had the snagS going and asks if want some sausages on a roll with bbq sauce, yummo, I also asked how his getting his yellow tail and if he had small hooks, anyway Tony passes two rolls over in a bag, I Gave one sausage roll to Chris and tucked into mine straight away, as Tony was Driving his boat away he says the Sabiki Hooks are in the bag, too late, I had sausage on a roll with sabiki ouch hooked perfect in the corner of my mouth, couldnt have been a better hook up :074: you can hear the all the boats around us cracking up.

I must admit I found the Haitail very challenging to catch, they soooo finicky ,

Quintrex left before all of us and Donated two hairtail we only had one but managed the Night with 16 :clapping:

Chris managed to work out the hairtail very quickly and bagged out and started slapping with with the fish each time he caught one.

I ended catching a couple and was stoked, Monkey of my back.

Chris caught another and dropped it in the boat and started Jumping and dancing around :074: so pick it up and slapped him with it :bleh:

Chris brought his fish clubber with him and the plan was to catch the big models to club them with :074:

I ended up working out why Chris was so successful but by that time they were extremely finicky for me but chris managed them just fine.

we left very early in the morning, man time flys when your having fun, got home 5.35 am got to sleep 6am, got up 11am and spent two hours washing the boat.

Thanks to saan (Quintrex) and Tony (Formason) it was a fantastic nigh, I hope I made your night with the sausage roll with sabiki hooks in it.

IMG_6762_zpse4f6369b.jpgIMG_6765_zpsf5a32ac6.jpgIMG_6760_zps77ddc133.jpgIMG_6767_zps2cb70fbf.jpg

WHAT THE?!?!?!?! when I left at 11, you guys only had 2 in the esky! and here I was feeling sorry for you guys for the reason I made the donation. You HUSTLERS!!!

and you end up with 16!!! HAhAHAHAH can I have my 2 back please? Only kidding, LOL. Goes to show, top fishos learn very quickly, legends!

hahahaha that was a crack up about the sabiki when you guys told me LOL

Great to meet you guys, we have to do it again soon.

BTW, who is Saan? LOL

WHAT THE?!?!?!?! when I left at 11, you guys only had 2 in the esky! and here I was feeling sorry for you guys for the reason I made the donation. You HUSTLERS!!!

and you end up with 16!!! HAhAHAHAH can I have my 2 back please? Only kidding, LOL. Goes to show, top fishos learn very quickly, legends!

BTW, who is Saan? LOL

Hahahaha. We only had one at the time. Yes we must fish together again it was so funny the sabkiki lol. Its nice to meet you as well. Sorry about your name can you spell it for me. You should have seen chris he almost jumped out if the boat when the gairtail got loose In the boat I picked it up and slapped him with it.

Great job mr. Groper! You certainly did have your own social. They're a great fish to target and by the looks of dinner they went down a treat!

Cheers scratchie!!!

First time of eaten hairtail, they are very tasty indeed.

Hey guys, I've heard they are top eating - do you skin the fillets with a knife? How do you prepare them for the table?

I rubbed the chrome of the skin.

Good work Chris and Groper, a good feed there.

Never caught or eaten one, wonder if any are in Port Hacking? Then again, early morning is for sleeping, now getting a bit older.

No they arnt in the Hacking ot Botany bay, there has been some caught in the Harbor, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on to why they come into cowen creek not anywhere else.

Fantastic effort mate. I had a feeling you guys wanted to stay longer.

we were ready to take when you were ready but they started to come on the bite again, we had so many bites and few hook ups.

Thanks Pete, Hows the Reds going, Im yet to crack the 60 cm let alone the 70 .

Didn't get down there this weekend due to the wind but fished the river instead and ended up with 16 keepers. 10 solid whiting and 6 bream. ;)

Groper, why would you want to fish with Quintrex480, by the sounds of things he was bad luck for

you until he left :074:

Seriously though, nice catch, well done. :clapping:

cheers

Hahahaha before I left, all Groper was doing was watching me pull in hairy after hairy. He then came over and asked me to stop catching all the fish, so I left. And look what happens, they end up smashing it! LOL

Groper, why would you want to fish with Quintrex480, by the sounds of things he was bad luck for

you until he left :074:

Seriously though, nice catch, well done. :clapping:

cheers

hahahaha That thought croosed my mind.

Hahahaha before I left, all Groper was doing was watching me pull in hairy after hairy. He then came over and asked me to stop catching all the fish, so I left. And look what happens, they end up smashing it! LOL

you should have stuck around, they realy turned up in numbers around 1.30am

hahahaha That thought croosed my mind.

you should have stuck around, they realy turned up in numbers around 1.30am

yeah maybe I should have stayed just a little longer, but then I might of ended up sleeping on the couch when I got home LOL

I think they were around most of the night, I just think you guys started to figure them out, and very quickly as well!

yeah maybe I should have stayed just a little longer, but then I might of ended up sleeping on the couch when I got home LOL

I think they were around most of the night, I just think you guys started to figure them out, and very quickly as well!

chris got it going first, the bight was light got the Hairys going for your bait, and the glow sticks should be renewed every hour or two to keep it bright, once slightly faded they wernt touching the bait. but the brightest glow got the bights.

Every now and the they hit hard, low tide put the bight off and once the tide started moving it was on again.

BTW I loved your rig, you should put up a photo of it.

BTW, who is Saan? LOL

Can I ask you a question, the yellow tail fillets you had were massive, did you catch them elswere and bring them with you? cause the yellow tail in the creek were tiny.