reel storage

fisholb

Hi raiders. Just wanna know how do you store your reels? Do you keep it together with the rod? I got about a dozen rods n reels n my rod rack can only hold 6 rods with reels on it. Im looking for a reel rack but cant find any thats good enough. Found some reel case/bag but it can only hold 3/4 properly. I got 8 spinnibg reels 2 overhead 2 alveys. I even bought a 2 stack tool box but it can only hold 6 reels the most. Any suggestions? Thanks.

mine are on the ceiling now, i have hook storage thingys fastened to the ceiling into the beams,

saves them from being bumped, stepped on and knocked over.

rods and reels stay more or less rigged and complete.

check out the storage section of bunnings.

post-1192-0-10205800-1377148663_thumb.jpg

mine are on the ceiling now, i have hook storage thingys fastened to the ceiling into the beams,

post-1192-0-10205800-1377148663_thumb.jpg

That's brilliant Stevefish; You've jjust given me an awesome idea for my garage; cheers

Thats an excellent idea...thanks mate

One of my mate got a similar setup in his 4x4 landcruiser...

P1011137.JPG

I made up a timber ( tool box shape ) and screwed PVC around and inside it. Mainly because I have no walls free. That way I can push it around the garage and store bits n pieces in side.

Works for me

post-7305-13771669411355_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also buy a set of drawers ( Tall Boy ) put rod holders around it and wheels on base. Draws will hold more than reels.

A set of filing draws is another option.

I like Plumbs idea. Well done.

I don`t believe in leaving my reels attached to rods. Just my personal opinion. They collect dust etc.They can easily get knocked as well.

I think all care should be taken to protect your tackle. I love the preparation in getting ready to go fishing. playing with all my tackle.

At first I used to seperate the reels from the rods and put the rods on the rack and the reels in they're special place on the shelf which almost looked like a tackle store. Then Eventually I started leaving them on basically because of the extra time it took every time to put the reels on and take them off. If you're not hard up for time I guess it's not a problem

Harry