Port Hacking Offshore Trip

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Decided to go out with Meng (gonefishing) offshore today to enjoy a good days fishing.

Out and about early on the water to gather some bait at the heads managing two squid and a couple of large trevalley plus some pillies which we brought with us. Seas were flat so we headed for Brown's getting there at a lazy 9:30am. Couldn't miss the mountain as I counted 28 plus boats all in one spot.

We dropped our bait just wide of the mountain and did the drift back towards the mountain keeping our space from all the other fishermen. Great fun we had managing our four gemmies in a couple of hours.

Our next mission was to try for some sharks and hooking onto a large Mako which we lost in the fight. Then hooking a blue shark which we got boat side estimate over 2 metres and my first blue shark I have ever hooked and seen, was cut loose boat side (sorry no photo's as we didn't manage to take any). Definitely thumbs up for Mako's as they give a better fight on the rod.

All in all was a good day and a new PB gemmie (110cm) for me.

Chris

post-13990-0-77405500-1377598891_thumb.jpg

post-13990-0-31585300-1377598916_thumb.jpg

post-13990-0-54695300-1377598949_thumb.jpg

Nice effort there Chris. Must of been a great fight with the mako. How big is your boat?

Hi Formosan,

Was a great trip,Thumb up to mako sharks they are a great fight and put on a great show when jumping :sun:

Mate my boat is a fiberglass Caribbean 6m does the job fine. If your keen to pull up a few out wide lets organise a trip mate :fishing1::fishing1::fishing1:

Chris.

Good work there Chris. A good day to be wetting a line and grabbing a feed.

Dave.

Thanks Dave,

Not sure but I think I saw you early morning at lilli pilli deep water side???

And yes a Bloody great feed I enjoy bringing home some deep sea fish occasionally.Nice to be away from the jackets :brucelee:

Chris.

Nice work mate I was out there all morning couldn't manage a gem ! Good effort to get some

They were all on the southern side of the mountain ,did a few drops bringing back bait till we found them,then we got into a few.

were you in the crusher???

Chris.

Thanks Dave,

Not sure but I think I saw you early morning at lilli pilli deep water side???

And yes a Bloody great feed I enjoy bringing home some deep sea fish occasionally.Nice to be away from the jackets :brucelee:

Chris.

Not me Chris, I was in Bate Bay that day pulling a few flatties out.

Nice work mate I was out there all morning couldn't manage a gem ! Good effort to get some

They were all on the southern side of the mountain ,did a few drops bringing back bait till we found them,then we got into a few.

were you in the crusher???

Chris.

Yeh we were drifting the north western corner should have tried further south ! That s fishing mate . Yeah blue Barcrusher ! Be back out on Sunday trying again an also for a tuna . What bait you get them on

Hi Formosan,

Was a great trip,Thumb up to mako sharks they are a great fight and put on a great show when jumping :sun:

Mate my boat is a fiberglass Caribbean 6m does the job fine. If your keen to pull up a few out wide lets organise a trip mate :fishing1::fishing1::fishing1:

Chris.

Nice one Chris! and did I read a trip out wide? SIGN ME UP! :D

Yeh we were drifting the north western corner should have tried further south ! That s fishing mate . Yeah blue Barcrusher ! Be back out on Sunday trying again an also for a tuna . What bait you get them on

Hi Bluelabel,

Hooks were baited with a strip of fresh squid 2 pillies hooked through the eyes and another strip of squid my hooks were 16/0 circle hooks.

Chris.

Ive working tomorrow and next week then I think Im taking a week off, the weather better be good.

My wifes relo wants to go fishing this saturday, if I can get out of that one whos in for a belambie trip

I believe Mr Formosan will be heading down that way on Saturday.