Looking for fishing buddy who can teach me a few things.

Grantmac

Hi all,

I have started fishing again after many years break. I fished nearly all my life up in North Queensland and moved down here about 10 years ago. I am looking to get out more and learn some of the finer details about fishing land based around Sydney. I am based on the lower north shore and would like to learn about beach fishing and I can easily get to the northern beaches if someone would be willing to let me tag along. I have a bit gear and happy to pick up more if required. I would also like to get out more and flick some SPs around the harbour. I have been out a few times but I know there are a few details I need to learn about so again if anyone is heading out I would love to tag along. Also, happy if anyone would like to contribute some advice on locations and techniques would be welcomed as well.

Cheers,

Grant

Welcome to the site. Good luck, hope someone takes you under their wing and shows you how to fish those beaches. :biggrinthumb: Best advice I can give is to just get out there, find a gutter and get some fresh bait (squid, pillies, worms, prawns, nippers, crabs, pippies, chicken etc.) in the surf and you'll be in with a chance of pretty much anything - bream, flatties, whiting, dart, rays, jewies, salmon etc. About SP fishing, whereabouts in the harbour are you talking about? Just the harbour itself or the waterway such as the Parramatta river? Also what fish would you be targeting for that?

Thanks for the reply. I have been getting out I just want to learn a bit from a local. As for the SP, I have been going to Iron Cove and Hen and Chicken Bay, but also a few places around the Harbour. Just been chasing bream, flathead and anything else that will eat my lure. I would actually like to get out and just target a specific fish. If anyone is keen to go flick and chase some fish let me know.

Hey Grant,

Im new to OZ just got here about a month ago. DOn't know much about the waters here but I've fished a lot for bonito back in the states, not sure if its the same here and don't have the local knowledge but if you want to head out some time and give it a whirl let me know because it sounds like were in the relatively same boat.

tight lines and low seas,

Tony

Grant,

Just saw your post and happen to be on the lower north shore so should be able to meet up for a fish sometime if you're interested. I'm not an expert in beach fishing but more than happy to show you what I know. I also do a bit of SP fishing on the north shore to varying degrees of success, but again happy to show you around.

PM me if you're interested.

Aidan

• 1 month later...

Grant,

i would like to happy to fish together off the rocks.i got spare boot and lifejacket .im located in northshore hornsby so should be able to meet u up sometme if ur keen ...i ussualy go to fishing at terrigal or entrance area.