First yellowfin ! Best day

Nick1987k

Hey raiders after deciding to take my father an grandma fishing for our first fin on father s day they couldn't resist. It was great seeing another raider at boat ramp an sharing tactics for the day ! Headed out to southern canyons an trolled around water looked good ! Headed further east just inside the 600 fathom line saw free jumping fun which was amazing the adrenalin was pumping . After 2 hours around 12 we hooked up on a deep x rap minnow on the Stella 20000 . After a half an hour fight we landed our first ever yellowfin tuna ! After hours of trolling an helpful information we FinalY did it ! What a way to spend father s day .. post-23309-13780251674276_thumb.jpgpost-23309-13780251795195_thumb.jpgpost-23309-13780251934674_thumb.jpg

Great report, the pics are awesome.

Grandma must be one of a kind. Fabulous to see her face all lit up holding the fin.

What size/type of boat do you fish out of to chase the fin?

Cheers

Paikea

Hey mate

I've got a 6.1 Barcrusher .

Conditions were like a lake an will be for 2 days . I burnt about 110 liters of fuel but did about 90 miles all day .

My grandma tought me the ropes you she see her on a handline! She wanted to catch a tuna her self an fight it . A day ill never forget that's for sure

Thanks Blue, I'm thinking that I may be able to take my 5.6 Tournament "Paikea" out wide soon. I have been a bit wary about doing that as I have only been past the Peak in game boats when I was a member of a Game Fishing Club and either owned or crewed on a 26 Ft Savage, a 5.2 Kevlacat, a 10 M Seafarer and a 43Ft Mariner.)

I have still got most of my game gear and the "Paikea" is fitted with outrigger bases so gear is no problem. Do any of the members ever go out together for safety reasons? If so I would be interested in that at some future date.

Cheers

Paikea

That's awesome, 3 generations in a boat with a fish that you'll all remember. Congrats man.

Also, apparently the wire pulling through the belly on X-raps is reasonably common. Keep seeing the topic pop-up on a few different groups/forums.