The Newest Engine

Whitto

My Evinrude Etec 60hp is finally here after a 6 month (seemed a lot longer ) delay. This motor is the first one registered in Aus. :1clap:

post-526-1123749982_thumb.jpg

First trip yesterday in 20 to 30 knot breeze was an amazing ride through some terrible conditions with myself and Ozy doing some test driving :thumbup:

Replacing the 50hp Suzuki/Johno Fourstroke with the 60hp Evinrude Etec 2 Stroke was a big step up in power and torque. The 50 proved itself to be a great motor but this hull and this owner are glad to have waited for the Etec :yahoo:

Ozy was substituted for Eric from Yabbie Marine who was kind enough to show me how scared a Polycraft owner can be ... while still remaining on top of Botany Bay ... he was enjoying himself AND I did ask him to show me what it could reallly do ... :blush:

The poly is an even safer, softer, drier and more comfortable ride that I had thought possible. This is a VERY forgiving hull when you have enough power ( and confidence ) to attack even the worst conditions.

While the Etec is very quiet like the fourstroke it does vibrate a LOT more at idle ... enough to rattle the anchor chain and landing net ... if I do a lot of trolling the rattles may drive me crazy :tease:

End result is ... I am very happy .... Eric is happy that I am very happy, but being a Suzuki dealer he's not very happy :074::074:

Hey Ben .... want to go for a ride? :1naughty:

Ozy was substituted for Eric from Yabbie Marine who was kind enough to show me how scared a Polycraft owner can be ... while still remaining on top of Botany Bay ...  he was enjoying himself AND I did ask him to show me what it could reallly do ... :blush:

I'm glad I was substituted by the sound of it :1prop:

My Evinrude Etec 60hp is finally here  after a 6 month (seemed a lot longer ) delay. This motor is the first one registered in Aus.  :1clap:

61731[/snapback]

I have had an ETEC for about 4 or 5 months. :wacko:

Have run it a number of times and am very impressed. Really good on fuel and quiet. Like yours does vibe a bit at idle but only at certain postions of the steering wheel. No noise trolling though.

Im sure you will love it. :1clap:

C'mon Ozy :1naughty:

Clutch,

the video is very informative ... a mate in the states sweet talked a BRP lass into exporting a couple down under for me :thumbup:

Take care who you lend the dvd to ... one of mine has been out on loan a month and just won't come home :thumbdown:

Grantm,

mine is the first 60hp Etec registered in Australia.

The vibration keeps on even when trimmed out a fair way .... maybe after the 10 hour computer controlled break in it will settle ... 10 hours won't take long :biggrin2:

Been out three times now and enjoying it more each time.

• 1 year later...

I know its dragging up an old post, but I gotta ask did the vibrations at idle settle down after the ten hour break in period ?

Its the only thing that concerns me about buying the ETEC, bad vibrations in a tinny whilst trolling (I plan on doing a bit) will drive me mad.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane AndyT :thumbup:

The 60hp E-Tec is awesome with nearly 150 hours on it now ... the idle rattle did calm down a lot after the double oil "break- in" period and I will be buying the E-Tec again when it's time to update!

It will be another Poly ... 'cause after 2 years, mine is still like new :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: