Winter fish

nbdshroom

Catches over the past month (Georges) have been sporadic. I had my share of donuts and near-donut seshes (just ask Kingfisher84, SargeRX8 and Matt17). It is difficult to put a finger on the reason(s), however, I have found that there have been some better-sized fish on these slow days. This is in agreement with the age-old statement that the fish is of better quality in winter whereas quantity describes the summer months. However, I have had a few seshes with over half dozen bream/fish with decent size too. Here are some photos, couldn't upload all of them. Some mean bream in the bunch, tailor, flatties, luderick, salmon and whiting (including a suicidal one!). Pretty stoked with some of the catches :)

2.5" Z-mans, squidgie wrigglers, madeye prawns on jigheads ca. 1/16oz, did the damage. The cracker whiting fell to a 80mm squidgie fish while the trevally found his match in the form of a Gulp! sandworm in copper colour. Mostly using 4lb fc leader to 6lb mainline worked throughout the water column.

edit: more pics coming

post-25384-0-15121000-1378881612_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-88612200-1378881757_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-85558300-1378881819_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-44523200-1378881902_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-32228300-1378882191_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-24791900-1378882422_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-52835700-1378882559_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-05025100-1378883139_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-23873500-1378883228_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-75050200-1378883291_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-59584500-1378883336_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-41891400-1378883397_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-67397900-1378883480_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-78633600-1378883545_thumb.jpg

Edited by nbdshroom

Awesome report and fish Pete! Was good to meet up and get ready for summer- the bass are calling :D

nice pics

cheers see you soon

matt

Thanks Matt, I agree the bass are calling! I think I hear some cicadas too :)

Good work petey i love the look on your face when your about to donut

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Cheers Ben, let's hope we smash some more bream instead of upping our credentials for the title of donut king haha.

Edited by nbdshroom

Nice report, thanks for sharing.

I too have found this winter lacking of fish, mind you, this is my first year living in Oz.

The only time I caught more than two fish in a session was when we went on a trip down to Nowra, heap of big Tailor and Salmon.

Posted Image

But the Northern Beaches have been quiet with more donuts that fish...

--

http://www.facebook.com/gonefishinginoz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice report, thanks for sharing.

I too have found this winter lacking of fish, mind you, this is my first year living in Oz.

The only time I caught more than two fish in a session was when we went on a trip down to Nowra, heap of big Tailor and Salmon.

But the Northern Beaches have been quiet with more donuts that fish...

--

http://www.facebook.com/gonefishinginoz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cheers and welcome to Aus, I hope it's living up to (and exceeding :sun: ) expectations. Hopefully the warmer weather starts to heat up the action for you up there. Good fish in that pic, some big ones there.

Love the way that you guys take great pics and share them with us.

Cheers

Paikea

Thanks Paikea. I just try to put up any report I can so others have something to read and look at and hopefully inspire a few people to get out there.

Great work Pete! Some really productive sessions there. That last photo of the whiting is a horse. Looks more like a bonefish! I've been working the SP's a lot more lately with mixed results. I'm in a end of season 3 day trip this weekend, fingers crossed weathers good.

Great report mate.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Awesome work Pete,

they are some great catches! and that is one fine whiting!

Keep up the good work man im going to have to get out there and start breamin.

Cheers, Stan

Thanks Stan, with summer coming, you are spoilt for choice! Carp on fly, jewies in surf, bass and more.

Great work Pete! Some really productive sessions there. That last photo of the whiting is a horse. Looks more like a bonefish! I've been working the SP's a lot more lately with mixed results. I'm in a end of season 3 day trip this weekend, fingers crossed weathers good.

Great report mate.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Jeff, I knew you would like the whiting. I tried mmsing it a while ago but it wouldn't send unfortunately. Good luck with your fishing and the trip and let me know how you go. Also if you ever come down this way we should tee up!

Pete

Tremendous work Pete you're in fine form :thumbup:

That sure is a lot of fishing and fish too.

Top quality fish there and great photos too!! That's a ripper of a whiting.

I can't imagine you getting a donut with so many runs on the board!

Thanks for sharing mate and keep up the great work.

All the best

Ian

Tremendous work Pete you're in fine form :thumbup:

That sure is a lot of fishing and fish too.

Top quality fish there and great photos too!! That's a ripper of a whiting.

I can't imagine you getting a donut with so many runs on the board!

Thanks for sharing mate and keep up the great work.

All the best

Ian

Thanks Ian, I'm always grateful for your supportive comments. Glad to be sharing these catches, makes for a good read and aids to generate a bit of interest and forum activity. Looking forward to your reports when you get a chance to wet a line!

Pete

Edited by nbdshroom