First bass of the season - 20/9/13

rjc123

Went out this morn for my first bass flick of the season. It's too early to be chasing them on surface so I gave some deeper diving HB's a run. Things were very quiet for a couple hours without a hit but finally i was rewarded on one of those "that deserves a fish" casts. After a good fight on silly string, I landed my first bass of the season. Not big by any means but still a solid little fish at 33 TTT. A little hand crafted HB i bought up on the gold coast a while ago did the damage. Ended up leaving soon after but good to get the season underway!

post-14949-0-58388500-1379651038_thumb.png

Cheers, Tom

Nice fish Tom, looks like a Morry Kneebone lure?

Where you been bassin mate? ive only been doing the nepean

Your good! Just did a google and it is indeed a Murray Kneebone. I have to say they are really good - great action on them.

That lure looks a tad like the Halco scorpions also. I haven't heard of Murray Kneebone before, I may have to give them a go.

I am looking forward to getting out looking for some bass real soon. Well done Tom.

Luc.

Yeah they are certainly comparable to the scorpions - similar action also. Definitely give his lures ago I'm fairly sure they are available online.

Well done tom! Always nice to get on the board. And early morning and late arvo, the fish WILL hit surface. I was up in the Macleay on opening and we caught over 20 bass on surface, getting them on surface in the dams and around a few local spots they will hit them.