Looking for a job

The Iceman

Since I have been made redundant due to closedown Im now looking for a job We were fortunate to have a company come in and help us with resumes and such and one thing they told us was most jobs are found by networking Couldn't think of a better place than here for that Im a fitter and turner by trade but have been working on aircraft component manufacture out of carbon fiber for the last 25 years which is basically non existent in Sydney now Im trained in lean manufacturing OHS and quality have cert 3 in competitive manufacturing and cert 3 in engineering-production systems Im pretty much willing to try anything so if you know anyone who needs an employee send me a pm

Thanks Andrew

Have you tried recruitment agencies?

Since arriving in Aus they have been harassing me non stop as Australia doesn't seem to have any Planning Managers.

Have a look on google to see if they have anything in the engineering section (or the relevant section for your skills) They will be really keen to get anyone with a skilled trade as they make commission on your recruitment and it doesn't have an effect on your wages!

Ed

Yeah Im signed up with a few but nothing has come through yet Also check seek and my career daily I have applied for several jobs but haven't had any success so far

I usually target companies that I would like to work for.

I would then go to their website, locate their careers section and set up an email job alert.

Just an idea, I've done this for:

Seek, MyCareer, all local councils, Major banks etc.

I receive 10 or so emails daily and go through each result returned.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dave I just spent 25 years working for Boeing I think Virgin outsource their composite repairs to Boeing Aircraft Component Repairs which is based at Tullamarine in Melbourne Ive actually been there and know some of the guys and even asked the manager if he wanted to start a facility here in Sydney I do have job alerts set up for both Boeing and Virgin

Edited by The Iceman

Ice man - I think we have to get together and think about this. I too am out of a job. I, unfortunately am a white collar worker and was made redundant 4 weeks ago. The market is tough and job vacancies are at an all time low (lowest in 8 yrs)

Maybe sometime on the water with a line in and a couple of :28: will inspire us!!