Anglers Almanac

Allen M

Does anyone have an I Phone App that corresponds with the printed Anglers Almanac ie the little yellow book ? There seems to be a few Apps out there but they differ from the yellow book's predictions etc ! Incidentally I am a believer in the yellow book Almanac !!!

Thanks Flathead but I can't seem to track it down ! When I search " fishing nsw " all I get is one from OK Industries that only shows fishing spots , regulations, boat ramps etc but no almanac Can you let me know the exact name showing on the app " icon " Many thanks as it sounds like what I'm looking for !!

Personally i use tarot cards to tell me when i should fish. i find it alot more accurate than an almanac...

Well thats a lie. My boss and my mrs are the only true indications of when i can fish.

Hahaha to true

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Its on an Android so dont know if it will be the same for iphone - but the one I use is called "Fishing Calender"

Also got a moon phase widget and a tides widget (you can see them both above) - the tides one is called "Tides & Currents"

I might buy the real yellow almanac next time I am at BCF and compare.

Its on an Android so dont know if it will be the same for iphone - but the one I use is called "Fishing Calender"

Also got a moon phase widget and a tides widget (you can see them both above) - the tides one is called "Tides & Currents"

I might buy the real yellow almanac next time I am at BCF and compare.

yes it it the same app on iPhone

I'll let you in on a little sercret... Tides, weather conditions, water quality and an understanding how bait responds duing these conditions, will impact your fishing success far more than a yellow book or a phone app.

Credit where credit is due. These almanacs do have some benefits.

Firstly, if they give you confidence, then that is a good thing. An angler who fishes with conviction will out fish an angler in doubt.

Secondly, they make good money for the guy who created it.

I have kept a detailed diary of my Mulloway and Bass fishing exploits, and the common thread of success is when i have cottoned on to the prevailing conditions and adapted myself to suit. Funnily enough if i graph my success and compare it against the "so called" peak fishing times, there is almost no relationship.

My 2 cents..

Today also 11%. I think we have the same app Scratchie.

And the rest of the month. Little blue squares on each date indicate efficiency.

i cleaned up in the harbour on the 22nd and it says that was a bad day, really dont know how accurate these things are as ive never really followed them and the weather conditions are always different so that would have an effect too.

Personally i use tarot cards to tell me when i should fish. i find it alot more accurate than an almanac...

Well thats a lie. My boss and my mrs are the only true indications of when i can fish.

My wife digests all the tide, moon & barometer info for the weekend I want to fish and then tells me the lawn needs mowing. How can she understand the link between these things and grass growth characteristics. Truly amazing.

Blood Knot

I'll let you in on a little sercret... Tides, weather conditions, water quality and an understanding how bait responds duing these conditions, will impact your fishing success far more than a yellow book or a phone app.

Firstly, if they give you confidence, then that is a good thing. An angler who fishes with conviction will out fish an angler in doubt.

I have kept a detailed diary of my Mulloway and Bass fishing exploits, and the common thread of success is when i have cottoned on to the prevailing conditions and adapted myself to suit. Funnily enough if i graph my success and compare it against the "so called" peak fishing times, there is almost no relationship.

My 2 cents..

Cheers for that, sounds more like 20 bucks rather than 2 cents. I have much less experience but I'll add to it and say keeping a diary is the most important. The end result is a set of ideal conditions which are also spot specific. The almanacs I think are based on the sun and moon rising times so there is some science behind it. However, it can't predict the location/presence of bait, wind, rain, barometer behaviour etc., and that is where it falls short.

My 2 cents..

I must be the only loser jewfisherman that uses them. :insane:

I know bugger all so it makes sense. :1yikes:

Cheers,

Grant.