Port Hacking

filthmonger

Headed outside this morning trolled down to little marley for zip. Noticed some bust ups close to the rocks and threw a halco metal into it. First cast Bonito. About 5 minutes later a huge school of salmon started busting up. Hooked onto a really solid fish im guessing 70cm plus but it spat the hook when it got air born. A huge school of dolphins then moved in and ruined our fun, awesome to watch them hunting their prey though. After the dolphins moved on the Bonito surfaced again and i managed another one. Headed down river to one of the sandflats and hooked a solid flatty first cast on a Zman grub. Called it a day after that.

1375884_10202096176629275_1846273651_n.j1011926_10202096176349268_2114281336_n.j

Do u just fillet it and throw in on ur hook s scratchie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Great bait for kings as a livie and marlin too for that matter! Or I cut small sections at a time and target snapper, blue spot flatty, mowong etc! Great all round bait!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Not sure how they go, im gonna try some tonight. Anyone got any recipes for them?

they taste nice when filleted, skinned, blood lines and quadrilateral line / bones cut out - then just a light pan fry with olive oil and finish with some lemon juice & butter to at the end. Best 3/4 cooked as they get quite dry if over cooked. Also good as sashimi - though be careful cutting as the flesh is quite delicate.

cheers

The Rev

they taste nice when filleted, skinned, blood lines and quadrilateral line / bones cut out - then just a light pan fry with olive oil and finish with some lemon juice & butter to at the end. Best 3/4 cooked as they get quite dry if over cooked. Also good as sashimi - though be careful cutting as the flesh is quite delicate.

cheers

The Rev

Thanks for the info rev

Use a bowl of salt water with ice cubes in it to dip your knife in when cutting fish for Sashimi. Had some Japanese guests (parents of exchange students) do this to some Trevally and Kingfish that I had caught that morning. They sure knew how to prepare sashimi as well as carving carrots and other vegetables into exquisite flower shapes. They also regularly wiped their knife, don't know why they do this but they all do it.

Cheers

Paikea

Use a bowl of salt water with ice cubes in it to dip your knife in when cutting fish for Sashimi. Had some Japanese guests (parents of exchange students) do this to some Trevally and Kingfish that I had caught that morning. They sure knew how to prepare sashimi as well as carving carrots and other vegetables into exquisite flower shapes. They also regularly wiped their knife, don't know why they do this but they all do it.

Cheers

Paikea

Tiny pieces of flesh remain on the knife during the filleting process, so eventually the knife does not cut cleanly and the flesh tears a little bit on cutting: does not leave a clean cut.