Bar Crushers

Kingfish1999

Hey guys,

Looking at a bar crusher tomorrow its a 550c model. I was wandering are they any good because i have some bad things about them while others say there fantastic. If any one could tell me the things i should look for tomorrow? And any bad/good things about them.

Cheers Ethan

Edited by Ethan13

Check the actual length & usable fishing space.

550 suggests the boat is 5.5mt but BC's have a pronounced nose / bow spit which I understand is included in the length but in essence , has , from a fishing aspect , no benifit.

In other words your paying for 5.5mt but actually getting something some what smaller than other 5.5mt boats.

Geoff

Hi Ethan,

I have a 2005 Barcrusher 560C with a 115hp Yamaha saltwater series 2 stroke. I've owned the boat for 5 years or so and am very happy with it. The 560C is now the 610C if you buy new. I've taken the boat pretty much everywhere from catching perch up the river to marlin out wide. I believe they are a well made boat with few major faults. The main issue I see is that they are weight sensitive and need to have weight distributed evenly. They are a bit wet in a quartering wind. The ride in all sorts of swell is very good without a tendancy to broach in a following sea. For me it does the job I want it to do very well. Best bet is to go for a ride in the particular model you like and then compare it to others you are interested in. Good luck with your search.......

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pearson,

Interesting video, would be good to see what 'human error' caused the roll over. Living on the south coast of NSW, I've spent a lot of time on Narooma bar, in my bar crusher and a few other boats. This has happened to charter boats, game boats and the weekend warrior. Just goes to show you can't be too careful crossing a bar or using a boat in general. Ethan, good luck in your search for a boat and I hope you find the right one for you. Cheers.....

Dave

I would call that driver error & not the boats fault.

He had it trimmed down way too far & let the wave behind catch up to him.

They went down a similar wave being towed in & smashed through it.

I fish out of a mates 640C with a 200hp Yammie on the back.

We've been through 2.5mtrs on the Brunz & Tweed bars.

It's by far the most seaworthy plate boat I have fished out of.

Cheers,

Grant.