S*** happened 1st time on the water.

sleepydragon

Hi Raiders,

Howdy? I hope guys have a good time this weekend. Got my brand new second hand Polycraft after 4 months. I did a lot of clean up and tune up. Got the engine service. It started good all the way. Took the boat home from my uncle house for 1 and 1/2 month did not bother to turn on the engine (I believed it would start as It should). Took the boat out to Botany bay with full of petrol in the tank. At the boat ramp, launching perfectly, then tried to turn the key.only cranking sound :ranting2: . nothing happened keep trying until I gave. The best part was when I was in deep s*** there were a Asian guy with another 4.5 Poly central console on Honda engine kindly tried to help me. Thanks a lot whoever tried to help me. I did not ask his name because i was so frustrating. My mind was at the engine :wife:

Lucky me, the engine did not start at the boat ramp. Imaging if it happened at middle of the bay then you guys can guessed what happened.

I think something wrong with the fuel (fuel too old or something makes the engine does start). I am anyone here has/have any ideas please help. Engine Suzuki 4 strokes 50HP 2004 Model. Fuel Injection.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers

As long as you have fuel it should try to run, it sounds like a fuel pump fuel pump, the Yammies have two of them, not sure about the Suzuki. I've towed people in and have been towed in myself, NSW Marine Rescue will also tow you if you phone them up,so frustrating when you do the maintenance and still break down.

did you try priming the fuel up with the manual primer bulb? not sure that this would help at all but worth a try, Ive never had to prime mine but being a different motor maybe a difference in the pumps could mean it doesn't self prime.

what ever it is I'm sure it wont be anything major just frustrating that it didn't start after doing all the right things.

Hope its all good for your next trip!

Brett

Hey mate

That asian guy with the polycraft who (tried) to give you a hand was me!

Too bad we could not get it going.... :mad3:

The fuel is getting to the motor as the primer bulb gets hard after a few pump...+ you can see the fuel in the clear fuel filter

Seems to be an ignition problem... I would be checking the coils, leads and plugs.

Good luck getting the engine sorted... you will love the polycrafts once everything is up and running :)

See you one the water next time.

Cheers

Trung

Hey mate

That asian guy with the polycraft who (tried) to give you a hand was me!

Too bad we could not get it going.... :mad3:

The fuel is getting to the motor as the primer bulb gets hard after a few pump...+ you can see the fuel in the clear fuel filter

Seems to be an ignition problem... I would be checking the coils, leads and plugs.

Good luck getting the engine sorted... you will love the polycrafts once everything is up and running :)

See you one the water next time.

Cheers

Trung

Hi Trung,

Sorry, I did not have change to say thank you. After you left, I was so embarrassing myself just realized that how rude I am. So I want to take this chance to say THANK A LOT.

Cheers

Hi

Make sure you check the kill switch at the controls where the key goes in, I have seen this happen to my brother, hope this helps

Hi Mate,

Yes, that was the 1st thing I checked. Make sure the kill switch got the key stuck in there. Not sure what happened as I did not have to check it yet. I was unlucky for the first time launching my poly. As I was lucky enough to know you guys here.

Cheers

good on you dehype top effort,check your fuses,check your relay connections are clean and tight and check the wiring plug going to your high pressure fuel pump if same as the merc 4 strokes efi,get some one to turn key to on position (not start postion) if you put your head near the hi pressure pump you should hear a click and then you will know the pump is getting power hope that helps cheers dunc333.

Good to see members helping eachother without realising.

I normally run the boat at home or garage etc before I head to the ramp. Just assures me I have THE KEY for one and that the motor works.

Remember once was at Berowra. Family came down from Blue mountains with their boat....forgot the key!