Fire view of Webbs creek area from my back veranda

Day's Fishin

This is the view of the fire going up at Webbs creek. I have been watching it for about 2.5 hrs

Lets hope that it's contained quickly.

Sorry but I can not get the size down to upload the picture!

I have finally worked out how to upload 2 pictures!

You should be able to see 3 helicopters.

Jeff

post-5857-0-74616600-1381641278_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-86240800-1381641674_thumb.jpg

Edited by Day's Fishin

Can u tell me have to upload cos I'm struggling too!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Btw..... Big fires up this way too. Salt ash and fingal bay alight.

Hi Scratchie,

I'm running windows 8 and compared to my old computer with windows xp this is a nightmare!

I found by going into the photo library and selecting a photo then hit resize it will auto resize it but only to a set size, (where as I could resize on my old one to any dimensions I wanted to!)this is before you try to upload it to Fish Raider as it won't let you resize before you put it in the library!

Maybe another Fish raider with better computer skills could give us both a pointer in the right direction?

As for the fires, I just watched them on the today show, the Salt Ash and Fingal Bay fires are bad, Webbs Creek fire is still a worry but at least the wind has stopped here so should give the fire fighters a chance to get on top of it. Watching the crane working yesterday compared to the smaller eggbeaters makes you wonder why we don't have a dozen of them. The cost would be nowhere near the cost of lost houses, native animals, domestic animals and the most important loss of human life.

Jeff

Hi Scratchie,

I'm running windows 8 and compared to my old computer with windows xp this is a nightmare!

I found by going into the photo library and selecting a photo then hit resize it will auto resize it but only to a set size, (where as I could resize on my old one to any dimensions I wanted to!)this is before you try to upload it to Fish Raider as it won't let you resize before you put it in the library!

Maybe another Fish raider with better computer skills could give us both a pointer in the right direction?

As for the fires, I just watched them on the today show, the Salt Ash and Fingal Bay fires are bad, Webbs Creek fire is still a worry but at least the wind has stopped here so should give the fire fighters a chance to get on top of it. Watching the crane working yesterday compared to the smaller eggbeaters makes you wonder why we don't have a dozen of them. The cost would be nowhere near the cost of lost houses, native animals, domestic animals and the most important loss of human life.

Jeff

Agree. And if I could work out how to upload the pictures I have on my iPhone some are amazing!

Talking to one of the rfs guy's yesterday and he told me they lost 1 house and they had kids at Del Rio resort in lifejackets standing on the edge of the river ready to jump in as they did not know how they were going to get them out?

And their talking about similar conditions tomorrow, lets hope the weather bureau is wrong as per usual when I want to fish!

Jeff

Edited by Day's Fishin

Up Salt Ash there was a pregnant woman and eldery woman stuck in a dam, they were spotted by media chopper through the smoke and rescued, they were very lucky.

A lot of houses/properties aren't fire prepared as so many have so much rubbish etc around houses, a disaster waiting to happen.

Up Salt Ash there was a pregnant woman and eldery woman stuck in a dam, they were spotted by media chopper through the smoke and rescued, they were very lucky.

A lot of houses/properties aren't fire prepared as so many have so much rubbish etc around houses, a disaster waiting to happen.

A big problem is the greenies in local councils who stop land owners clearing trees around their houses. I don't know anyone who lives on acreages that wants to clear the whole lot, why would they come to live in rural areas if they wanted to do that unless it was for veg gardens or a similar enterprise.

I have customers that have requested permission to take down 15/20 meter high gums growing within a couple of meters of their house and have been told they can trim any over hanging branches only! What a joke, I think most of these halfwits live in townhouses or similar and have no idea what a 5 tonne tree can do to a house when it falls in high winds or how dangerous they are when a bush fire is close.

Jeff

Agreed Jeff. There's an interesting read already from the port stephens mayor in papers regarding latest fires up that way, a lot of what he said I agree with.

The last total fire ban we had we were asked the day before of availability for strike teams, 11hrs into toban we were finally notified of teams selected, not good management imo.

you have to wonder how these fires start, I have no problem with smokers but the number of smokers I know personally who are intelligent educated and seemingly responsible people who still throw buts on the ground astounds me.

Sure there are other ways these fires start but my first guess is always buts or bugs.