Please say a prayer!

Scratchie

To all the people that have lost so much, I feel your pain! I am from Winmalee in the blue mtns, I have family, friends and my business is there. I also now live in port stephens and we are inundated by fire as well. Please be safe everyone.

I am not religious but care for my fellow people.

Scratchie!!!

Edited by Scratchie

God doesn't listen to me much these days, and I am certainly not religious in anyway.

However mate, if you or any one else needs any help, I'm sure that anyone here will man up and do anything that they can to assist.

Cheers

Choicebro

It is pretty gnarly up here in the mountains Scratchie, I can see the glow of the fires from my front door. I am hoping that they stay away but have the most precious possessions ready to go on a midnight emergency evac if needed. Winmalee and Springwood have been hammered, I was there early this evening in town and there a thousands as the clubs waiting to go home and see if their homes are still there.

Diesel has his outlaws over from Springwood also staying at his house across the road hoping all works well. I hope the wind change doesn't cause a new front and bring it back up the hill toward us about 10 minutes away from Springwood. Hope you are safe up there also bud!

Big cudos to the firies, they are doing a great job and as always have our utmost respect and gratification. Thanks to all of you brave folk, you have a hard job ahead and a whole community behind you!

Luc.

Keith & I are also thinking of all those in trouble - fearing the worst but hoping for the best. My cousin & family live in the mountains, just a stroll from the 3 Sisters - so hope they are ok. My niece lost 'outbuildings' earlier in teh week but her house was ok at LemonTree Passage ..... have contacted friends in Muswellbrook - and know fellow yakkers in the Southern Highlands! Holy Cow - if only these winds would stop! A very frightening time with such loss of property - let's just hope there is no loss of life as they start the clean up

Roberta

Having had a house burn down 15 years ago and losing everything i can confirm its a horrible tradgic experience. My thoughts go out to everyone involved.

Whats doesnt kill you makes you stronger!

Amen to all the good thoughts from everyone.

One thing about the community of serious fisherman, I have yet to meet a fisho who does not have a great deal of compassion for his/her fellow humans, be it for a lost rod, a broken down car or, as is the case here for more serious personal loss.

We hope that those affected will come through it all and recover and that there will be no loss of life.

Hang in there, we are thinking of you.

Paikea

Our thoughts and prayers are with those in the affected areas.

I could not believe the smoke clouds yesterday afternoon and to see the tragic devestation in those areas on the news last night.

Yes certainly the Firies, Emergency Services, Volunteers and everyone helping out in one way or another are to be highly commended. They are putting themselves as risk to help others. Their services to the community are invaluable and they have our utmost respect.

Let's hope there are more favourable conditions ahead.

Stay safe everyone.

Ian

I watched some coverage this morning on the fires. Utter devastation in some areas.

There was a story of one house thst burnt down in Winmalee. In April this year a wife

& her 2 young sons lost their husband/father to cancer. On the same day their grandfather died.

They have now lost any physical memories of that man. Plus the home & their dog is gone.

It really hits home just how lucky we are & how we can get upset & worry about trivial things,

when there are much bigger problems going on in the world.

I've asked my sons to say a prayer for that family. I know I have.

Cheers,

Grant.

I watched some coverage this morning on the fires. Utter devastation in some areas.

There was a story of one house thst burnt down in Winmalee. In April this year a wife

& her 2 young sons lost their husband/father to cancer. On the same day their grandfather died.

They have now lost any physical memories of that man. Plus the home & their dog is gone.

It really hits home just how lucky we are & how we can get upset & worry about trivial things,

when there are much bigger problems going on in the world.

I've asked my sons to say a prayer for that family. I know I have.

Cheers,

Grant.

We know that family. My family will be going there tomorrow to pay our respects and continue assisting the volunteers!

I have the mother inlaw at my place at Woodford tonight after evacuating her from her house at Faulconbridge. It was pretty nasty I could see the smoke rising from the next ridge behind her house from her back door. Best move was to get her out in case it came through in the middle of the night and she didn't wake when someone knocked on the door to evacuate her. Hoping they get this thing under control sooner rather than later.

One of our members Dusky has a sister at Winmalee. Yesterday her daughter was one of the many students in "lockdown" at the school. A very frightening time as we had no idea where she was until nearly 7.30pm last night. Luckily there house was not effected by the fires. Like many others, our thoughts and prayers go out to the many who have lost their homes and possessions at this harrowing time.

To all our brave volunteer firefighters (one of which is Dusky's brother), regular firies and those involved in aiding these families, a very big heartfelt THANK YOU.

Take care to all who may be in fire areas at this time. Stay safe and hope we all come out the other end of this with minimum casualties.

Cheers

Cath

Edited by cat-as-trophy

post-24974-0-13872800-1382174009_thumb.jpg

This is where my shop is but what difference an hour makes.

post-24974-0-13207300-1382174077_thumb.jpg

The community is why my wife and my family lived here for so long, they are resilient, caring and good honest Australians that have banded together for this tragedy.

I'm am posting these pictures only to give you the sense of the circumstances that these people have faced.

post-24974-0-80422500-1382174665_thumb.jpg

OMG, that is heart breaking, made me tear up reading it, how people cope with that level of tragedy I do not know. I am not particularly religious but offered a prayer that whoever is in charge gives them strength to carry on.

Paikea

That is so sad about the family mentioned above. To be hit by one tradgedy after another.

Our continual prayers and thoughts go out to those people and all affected by the horrific fires.

Let's hope the Firies get the back up they require and the much needed rain to ease the situation.

I was disgusted to hear that looters have been going around to some areas that have been evacuated and stealing valuables from houses. These people are the lowest of lows and should be :banned2: from society, it was not bad enough for the residents to flee from their homes in fear of their lives only to return and find out they have been robbed.

Stay safe everyone and look after each other.

Ian