Rats and a mixed bag @ Botany Bay 26/10

Linc

Hi Raiders,

Launched off Foreshore road (big mistake as the wind was blowing across the bay in our face the whole morning), tried to find a half pleasant spot out of the wind in vane but still ended up with a few decent fish for the day.

Landed 3 kingies between 55 – 64.5cm (yes the bugger was 5mm undersize… I could almost taste the sashimi until we laid him out on the bragmat!) All were caught on livies.

Also landed a 100cm banjo shark which put up a fight on the bait rod with 6lb line!

Then had a very acrobatic 55cm salmon grab one of the livies and do a few flips in the air, tangle 3 rods but eventually landed.

Managed a couple of trevally around the 40cm, one legal pinkie and a few of the biggest sweep I’ve seen in NSW around the 30cm.

All in all a pretty good result, there’s obviously a few kingies around the bay now, they just need to grow a few cms!

Cheers,

Linc

post-30908-0-47236500-1382918264_thumb.jpg

post-30908-0-17254800-1382918274_thumb.jpg

Looks like a great day on the water considering the conditions. You got amongst the fish and some nice ones at that. Are you sure the king wasn't 65cm? With its throat cut like the sambo it would have been. Lol. Oh well, gives you an excuse to get back out there! Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Looks like a great day on the water considering the conditions. You got amongst the fish and some nice ones at that. Are you sure the king wasn't 65cm? With its throat cut like the sambo it would have been. Lol. Oh well, gives you an excuse to get back out there! Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

hah that's true Scratchie, it would have been hard to reattach his neck to get him back under the 65cm if we had of taken that approach :)

All good tho I'll catch him again in a few weeks and he should have grown the extra 5 mm he needs!

Where did you find the kings? We tucked in to watts reef to get out of the wind.

We got the kings while facing the chop on the outside of the channel a bit out from molineaux point.

What's the best ramp to use around Kurnell? will definitely launch on that side of the bay next time the wind is coming from that side.

The council have decided now is a good time to build a car park at the silver beach ramp so the ramp is there but no parking.

You have to drive the car/trailer down along the beach road a far way then walk back or get picked up off the beach.

Bruce

Nice catch they're mate. There is a boat ramp right there at kurnell which the council have just done up. I haven't used it myself but I've heard good things. I tend to use 'hole in the wall' at sylvania waters. Never had any dramas there.

Where did you find the live bait?

Nice Catch

Anyone considering Kurnell. Just be careful at the ramp unless you have a 4wd. Since the renovation a fair bit of sand builds up there. And I've had to tow 4 people off the ramp in 3 trips. Quite annoying when you just want to launch or retrieve.

thanks for the tip. wont be taking the magna there to launch too soo then.

the ramp off foreshore rd is a shocker at low tide. especially for rear wheel drives. very slippery. can't understand the rubber idea

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2