Another one making it to the kitchen sink

fisho.sid

Hi had a day off and decided to see what's around and fished middle harbour landbase.

The water was filled with bait fish and signs were promising, however winds were gusty and the day was bright with no overcast for cover.

Started a small burley trail and flicked out a piece of pillchard and noot soon after a small trev took a liking. Then something else bigger jumps on and up comes a bigger trev.

By about the 4th cast something bigger jumps on and busted me off the pilons but luckily it was just my hook that went missing. Upgraded the hook size and in goes another bait. All 5 mins later my line goes nuts and i'm on and this time i'm trying my best to avoid the pilons. After a few mins of seriously bent rod and aggressive head shakes, up comes a great size trev again.

These little trevs are awesome fun on light gear and one of my favorite fish for a curry or bbq.

On 4 pound leader i was pretty pleased with the catches.

Got home and as part of my routine, a quick pic from the kitchen sink :)

Enjoy

post-10202-0-25357900-1383260699_thumb.jpg

Hi had a day off and decided to see what's around and fished middle harbour landbase.

The water was filled with bait fish and signs were promising, however winds were gusty and the day was bright with no overcast for cover.

Started a small burley trail and flicked out a piece of pillchard and noot soon after a small trev took a liking. Then something else bigger jumps on and up comes a bigger trev.

By about the 4th cast something bigger jumps on and busted me off the pilons but luckily it was just my hook that went missing. Upgraded the hook size and in goes another bait. All 5 mins later my line goes nuts and i'm on and this time i'm trying my best to avoid the pilons. After a few mins of seriously bent rod and aggressive head shakes, up comes a great size trev again.

These little trevs are awesome fun on light gear and one of my favorite fish for a curry or bbq.

On 4 pound leader i was pretty pleased with the catches.

Got home and as part of my routine, a quick pic from the kitchen sink :)

Enjoy

Nice trevs there mate pound for pound they are great fighters especially on 4lb

We'll done on the trevs mate! They certainly are a great fight but have never really eaten them. However when the suggestion of a curry was made, hmmmmm never thought of using them for that. Sounds great!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Even as sashimi when fresh mate, all round id give them a 7/10 on the table.