Quick Sunday Session @ the Shoalhaven

Drew01

Hey Raiders

Just a quick post from an early Sunday morning session (before the wind turned everything to :ranting2:)

Had a mate give me a call on Friday afternoon inviting me to head down the coast to Batemans Bay to target some Jews on plastics but with the reports of high winds throughout the day we changed the plans and hit the Shoalhaven river a little closer to home.

Ended up on the water by 6:30am and tried a few spots before coming to one of the more well-known areas for Jews and with the tide starting to slow it was only a matter of time.

I ended up boating this nice little 60cm model at about 8:45am and my mate boated his 65cm model (photo to come later) at about 9:30am (before the winds picked up at 11am)

As the new size limits have come into play for these river ghosts (70cm) we got a few happy snaps and released them in good condition to fight another day.

Off the water by 12pm and not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning.

post-18011-0-93755200-1383518438_thumb.jpg

post-18011-0-92353900-1383524246_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drew01

Cheers Scratchie

Yes got a few just size lizards & tailor

There was massive amounts of whitebait throughout the system as well.

We did plan to go up the back of the river and go for the trifecta (Bream, Bass & EP's) but the wind destroyed that plan.

Good on ya drew! Gotta love them jews when you see that chrome and rainbow come to the surface! I think this new size limit is an awesome new law. Hopefully in a few years everyone will have a better odds of getting that mega fish of a lifetime!! Spotie..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Good on ya drew! Gotta love them jews when you see that chrome and rainbow come to the surface! I think this new size limit is an awesome new law. Hopefully in a few years everyone will have a better odds of getting that mega fish of a lifetime!! Spotie..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Spotie, Your 100% right about the new size limits, but I heard that this does not apply for the pros?

Thought that I read somewhere it was still 45cm for them..... If so then that sucks as it defeats the purpose.