Snapper Fishing

kane

Hey Guys,

Its my first post on this site and my brother a mate and i are planning chasing snapper this weekend. We have access to a 6 m Cruisecraft.

Normally we have chased them down the coast but this year we have only picked up small ones not even legal except one which i christened my new rod went 1.6Kg which i was pretty pumped with.

Any advice on where to go would be appreciated even if you just say south or north we generally launch from the hacking. But were keen on giving the north a run.

I will post a picture of the fish in the next couple of days as it is my personal best

Kane

:1welcomeani: to the site Kane

Haven't heard many snapper reports lately, hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

I your fishing out of hacking though you can be assured a feed of jackets south of the bombie but bring plenty of tackle because you'll lose a few rigs :1yikes:

sisters boyfriend went out today to the peak and he said they picked up 10 legal snapper up to 4kg. caught mostly on floated squid. surpisingly enough he said the 4kg specimen was caught on the most ugliest smallest prawn you would ever see.

good luck

"surpisingly enough he said the 4kg specimen was caught on the most ugliest smallest prawn you would ever see."

I was wondering, what is the difference between an ugly prawn and a beautiful one??? And how far should a man go with a prawn???????lmao

Edited by harold

Saturday Report 20/08/2005

Well we can't say we didnt put in the effort. Rainy windy current going the wrong way swarms of small leather jackets. But to no avail only snapper that hit the deck of the boat was one about 28cm which was released.

Total count for the day

2 flathead

2 big chinaman leather jackets

Still better then being in the office

kane

Gidday kane,I might suggest that you have a look at some of the ship wrecks down thataway,I did a little research on a few of them and got in to a pretty indepth conversation with a guy called Max Gleeson.He is a wreck diver and I mentioned that I had heard him on "HI TIDE" and was interested in getting the books that he had published on the subject.

There is two prominent ones that I have visited ,both with max jonno and we had plans on cubing up snapper over the wrecks,we ended up bagging out on flathead over one and I cant remeber what happened at the other .Anyway he mentioned that he has only really encountered snapper over one of them and that of all the wrecks in the sydney region the only ones that held a good population of fish were both down near where you are fishing.

PM me and I will give you some GPS coordinates if you like ,the country is gravel with the only hi point around being the wrecks.

Simon