Need New Reel

Grantm

Hello tackle junkies,

Once again I need a new reel for my Bream rod.

My current Daiwa Samuri has has lasted nearly a year but is just not cutting the mustard anymore. Typically for a Samuri the spool has corroded, but the main problem is the drag is nowhere. After two or three washer resurfaces it just wont get any better, rough as guts. Cant expect much for an 80 buck reel I suppose.

So, I want to upgrade to something of a better quality. Looking at the Stradic 2500 or the Capricorn 2000.

Question is, although the Capricorn is a better quality reel than the Samuri does it have a better quality drag as well ?

Obviously I couldnt go wrong with a Stradic but the Capricorn is a bit cheaper.

Any ideas on the Capricorn drag ?

Grant, I recall a recent post about your K-mart specials and you seeking advise on the benefits of "quality gear" :biggrin2:

Guess it has to match the flash new boat now :thumbup:

62611[/snapback]

Trust you to remember that :1prop:

Ive come along way since the kmart specials and have a far better appreciation of good gear these days.

I thought the Samurai was good when I got it but the more I fish the more I want.

And yes, I need good gear for my new boat. :biggrin2:

Thanks for the advice Byron.

I will have a Caldia Kix 1500 up fo sale shortly if your interested. As new with line.

PM me if you want more details mate.

I would definatly take the capricorn over the stradic.

I have seem to many stradics call line twist with braid that eventuallt turns into massive winds knots.

I simply beleive that the capricorn is a far better reel.

Good choice.

Cheers

Lee

I would definatly take the capricorn over the stradic.

I have seem to many stradics call line twist with braid that eventuallt turns into massive winds knots.

I simply beleive that the capricorn is a far better reel.

Good choice.

Cheers

Lee

64114[/snapback]

Horses for courses mate.. i have used a 1000 stradic for the past year and find it an absolute delight to use. I prefer this over my Daiwa advantage reel which is an upgarde of the capricorn. I have had no trouble with line twist or any other problem. But as i said each to their own.