Swansea Breakwall with my first Flathead

calvinching

Bought a 10ft rod with a Penn reel on Saturday, feeling excited and decided to go Avoca for rock fishing. Got there today around 3.30pm, went there and and swearing myself because of the swell and cant even get past to the rock platform. Gave up and we decided to head towards home and drop by Swansea.

Got there finally around 5.30, started fishing with 2 other rods using live tube worms. Within minutes bang bang bang got off breams one another , and 2 small snappers as well. Started to think I should play something with my big rod. Had a ganged hook on with pilchard and cast. Thought I would be stupid to do so in Swansea but big BANG.! Landed my first ever Flathead.!

Decided to stop around 9 and headed back to my car. Before started my engine found out that some idoits actually hit on my BRAND NEW CAR , I mean BRAND NEW, asked around the staffs if they have CCTV but hey, just being unlucky.

I guess nothing is free in this world but certainly I won't forget today foe landing my first ever yet super expensive Flathead.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

post-32580-13865067542596_thumb.jpg

Gday mate. Sorry to hear of your car but well done on the fishing side. I guess you may have learned this but before I go fishing I check the important factors like tide, swell and wind direction on willy weather and decide a suitable spot. Yesterday was not great for rock fishing. 1.8 m tide and 2.4m swell! By the way, those are tarwhine and not bream. How big were the small snapper and fish in the sink? Legal size I assume.

That idiot hit my car panel on the driver side , extended all the way to the panel on top of driver side tyre. Is a brand new Lexus and sigh ! Guess bad luck and nothing more I could do .

That flattie is around 1.2kg at 65cm mark.

Yeah I will be careful with the size limits.

Going by my powers of deduction if the snapper is 30cm the tarwine next to the flatty are 45cm and the flathead itself would be 115cm

Noting the incorrect identification of the tarwine I strongly doubt my deductions are correct

Yes I would need more guidance from everyone thanks alot kikila.

Hi

The sizes and regulations for all fish on the NSW dpi website. If you don't know the size limit of any fish you're best putting it back. Not knowing sizes is not a defence in court.

Cheers Leo

That idiot hit my car panel on the driver side , extended all the way to the panel on top of driver side tyre. Is a brand new Lexus and sigh ! Guess bad luck and nothing more I could do .

That flattie is around 1.2kg at 65cm mark.

Yeah I will be careful with the size limits.

That sucks in regards to your car being damaged like that, but why did you take a brand new car like a Lexus fishing? What about the smelly fish and gear placed in the car, that alone would have been enough for me keep a brand new car in a garage.

Hi Longy

I kept all my gears cleaned before I have them back into my car and got everything other fishing gears placed in a nice secured box. Hasnt got any fish smell since and well that was my only car. I guess bad lucks was all I have got.