Bass Voodoo!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Went for bass fish this arvo with fellow raider "fishless again", sorry diesel.

We hit the Nepean separately with different mates and met up a while later. He managed a few and I managed a few and when we met up, well I think he put a voodoo on my lure. All in all, not a bad arvo with some ok fish caught and some really nice fish lost. Got love the surface take of a bass no matter what size but I'm still yet to catch one that sends that reel screaming!

post-24974-0-40600700-1388658870_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-43366100-1388658900_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-98717400-1388658954_thumb.jpg

As with all bass fishing if your not getting snagged or caught up on something then your not in the right areas, so there were certainly a few frustrating moments!

post-24974-0-16788000-1388659103_thumb.jpg

It was great arvo with 3 out of the 4 of us catching fish! Good sesh diesel!

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

give it a go a few hours after dark. I find they shut down when the sun first goes down and fire up a bit later. no need to cast as far into the snags at night either as you will find they'll be cruising around looking for food.

some of my most memorable sessions on the river have been at about midnight.

the class of fish seems to be better at night too I'm sure you'll find one that makes your reel scream

Edited by shred

give it a go a few hours after dark. I find they shut down when the sun first goes down and fire up a bit later. no need to cast as far into the snags at night either as you will find they'll be cruising around looking for food.

some of my most memorable sessions on the river have been at about midnight.

the class of fish seems to be better at night too I'm sure you'll find one that makes your reel scream

Cheers shred! I really only go bass fishing because it's the only way to wet a line when I travel to the blue mtns! Also diesel is to lazy to get his big A up my way so it's the only chance I get to fish with him.

The bass fishing is growing on me though. I do like the surface strikes!

Never fished for Bas.

Do they really hit lures that are half their size?

I hear that they are aggressive but that is aggression on steroids!

Cheers

Paikea

Yes mate, the little ones seem to be more aggressive than the larger ones because they always hit my lure first! Lol.

You should come up here for some bass, Scratchie ...... I can put you on to NO fish as well!!! :074:

Bad luck, Mate!! Seriously - wait til after the next decent rain fall & things should change for the better! ;)

As Shred says, they can 'light up' after dark - but I need to be home to cook the better half dinner! :chair:

Yes, Paikea - they go after ridiculously sized lures!! One of my less memorable catches ...... the bass is only minimally larger than the entire lure!

post-2231-0-59144800-1388999602_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Roberta