Harbour blackfish

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Up early on new years day and went too my first spot for the day with the big tides i was not overly confident but with the predicted wind forecast it was the best spot for the morning.

Started fishing and the bites took awhile to start with me getting one undersized bream and two undersized blackfish in the first hour about half hour later i landed my only keeper from here at 40cms.

I deceided too move after this too another spot that would be protected from the wind started fishing with the bites starting slow but staying consistant throughout the morning.

I pulled out four keepers biggest around 36cms and three throwbacks also pulled the hooks on five fish.

I would of lhooked more but had a good conversation with a english tourist for three hours.post-18046-0-12865300-1388698285_thumb.jpg

post-18046-0-07544600-1388698416_thumb.jpg

Guest hawkesbass

Wish I didn't suck at catching these guys. Stull looking for that giod spot. I have a drummer spot and a very inconsistent blackie spot at the moment.

Nice catch! What set up did you use?

I used a 10'6 one peice wilson blackfish rod avon royal centrepin with 14pound dango wax running float down too 6 pound leader.

There is a few good spots in the lake too target blackfish from shore based send me a pm on areas you are familiar with and i will see if i can help you out also what type of gear you have too chase them

I sent you a pm

Edited by hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

You have a feed there, that is what counts.

All fish released too live another day took home twenty fillets my last trip so these ones were not needed

"drummercraze"

Hi Paikea,

Is there really a compitition for catching blackfish? If there is I am keen to join for the very first time.

Cheers

Hi Drummer,I was referring to my friend Stormy's expertise at catching Blackfish. He will join a group of fishos that have been fishing at his favourite spot for hours only catching 2 to 3 fish and proceed to pull 10 or more from the same spot whilst they catch only a further 1 or 2.

Its all in the way that you put the bait on (he says)

If you want a competition Stormy might agree to go head to head with you. Challenge him in a post and see what happens. (he will like me saying this I'm sure. Not!)

Cheers

Paikea

PS; I will put my money on Stormy.