Port Hacking sand flats

Yowie

Pumped some nippers early this morning, and drifted various sand flats for a few hours. Fished in water between 1 and 2 metres deep.

The bream are not too much over the limit, but enough fish there for a couple of feeds.

With the bigger flattie, I lobbed a nipper beside a patch of ribbon weed and as it was sinking, there was a big puff of sand as the flattie swam up and hit the nipper mid depth, a few head shakes, then it launched itself about a body length out of the water, still shaking it's head. Put up a good fight.

post-13153-0-40398700-1388721629_thumb.jpg

Good catch mate.... Hey quick question iv been catching a few whiting of late on nippers in the upper reaches of the hacking, gutted and cleaned on the spot and cooked that night and the fish has a metallic taste do you get this get this ever or am I doing somthing wrong?

Good catch mate.... Hey quick question iv been catching a few whiting of late on nippers in the upper reaches of the hacking, gutted and cleaned on the spot and cooked that night and the fish has a metallic taste do you get this get this ever or am I doing somthing wrong?

Cannot say that I have noticed any metallic taste. Cook my whiting in a stainless steel pan with olive oil.

I fillet all my whiting for eating, also skin the larger ones as they have a thick skin that curls up when pan frying.

Cannot say that I have noticed any metallic taste. Cook my whiting in a stainless steel pan with olive oil.

I fillet all my whiting for eating, also skin the larger ones as they have a thick skin that curls up when pan frying.

Yeh cheers mate just curious I cook mine the same way I'll see if I can catch some more and repeat the process and see if it tastes the same cheers mate.