Low barometric pressure

quochuy

Hi guys

I was wondering if any raiders have been fishing the beach yesterday?

The barometer was at 998 hPa combined with a king tide.

I went to Cronulla, loads of worms but not a single bite, not even tiny whitings or darts, was weird. No other fishos caught anything either.

I suspected the pressure

Huy

Hey quochuy,

As far as the pressure goes, some of the pro's I speak too say a rising or steady pressure is best for fishing. A falling or really low barometer can shut this fish down! A measure of 1018 or above is best!

I find this pretty accurate when trolling for pelagics!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Some of my best jewie catches in Port Hacking were fishing on sundown, and just after a southerly hit. A bit bouncy at anchor, but the fish would bite, and the other boaties would scamper home.

Hi guysI was wondering if any raiders have been fishing the beach yesterday?The barometer was at 998 hPa combined with a king tide.I went to Cronulla, loads of worms but not a single bite, not even tiny whitings or darts, was weird. No other fishos caught anything either.I suspected the pressureHuy

Hi Quochuy,

That's interesting that you didn't even get a bite. I was fishing down there a couple of evening's ago and 2 different guys both did well on Bream and Whiting using live beach worms. I'm thinking of focussing on using worms for Jew bait. I think your pressure suspect May be on the money. Although I have spent a lot of time reading about moon phases, barometer pressure and ranges of tides and keep coming back to the same conclusion - fish must eat and surely they don't sit around waiting for all these perfect conditions to line up before they will commit to a feed.

Thanks for all responses guys.

Nat, yeah they don't wait but if there is a weather condition that make them feel unwell then maybe they won't have good appetite.

I just read that low pressure make them feel like bloated and they will look for deeper water to compensate the low air pressure.

Tomorrow (Sunday) morning, the barometric pressure is coming back up to around 1016, should be better.

Edited by quochuy