Tuncurry First Fish for the 2014

pbk1776

Hi All

It was a great New Year for me while up in Tuncurry/Forster. I know it is a late post however I am very happy to share.

1st of Jan I went out with family for landbase fishing around the Bay in Tuncurry, about 2 blocks away from Nan and pop's

home in South Street.

For 3 hours of Fishing we had great nibbles and landed a few and released them back some are too small and some are

keep-able

3x Breams - all over 15cm

1x Flounder - roughly 30cm

1x Flathead - 37cm

2x Whitings - both just over 20cm

and my Fish of the day which I personally caught "Very Happy" Sand Shark - just under 2 ft long I guess

Really happy with it

Thank you to Roberta for the tips :-)

We used Mullet Fillets, Pilchards and Prawns as our baits

Regards

post-31892-0-52857200-1388978733_thumb.jpg

Edited by pbk1776

Glad to heart you got into some fish ..... it can be tough fishing over the Xmas/New YEar period, with the influx of visitors & all!! Also, the wind has come up BIGTIME in the last few days that has really whipped the lake up & makes for uncomfortable fishing!

cheerio

Roberta

So your back there again ay! Did you listen to Roberta's advise? Great to see you catching something mate! Enjoy your trip!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Yeah will be always coming back in the area - Mrs family lives up in Tuncurry and Blackhead

and we are thinking of getting a holiday place as well.

We went out the boat but did not get any luck - then pop decided to try the shores/banks

Glad to heart you got into some fish ..... it can be tough fishing over the Xmas/New YEar period, with the influx of visitors & all!! Also, the wind has come up BIGTIME in the last few days that has really whipped the lake up & makes for uncomfortable fishing!

cheerio

Roberta

Yeah you hit the nail there - the wind is unbelievable mostly if you go out near the bridge

yet again I am really happy this time we landed a few :-)