First catch with lures (BASS)

lofty86

Went fishing today in chittaway creek on the central coast in the kayak for the first time. My mate and I went looking for bass we went right up the creek where you have to get out and carry the kayak to get to the next section. threw my new lure in and bang my first bass got three for the afternoon just little ones. does anyone have some tips on this area how far do you go, what are the best lures to use. If I can get some tips that would be great as I am just starting out and have the bug now.

Cheers Scott

Good on you Scott - bass fishing can be very addictive as they really fight above their weight!! Try some topwater lures, like poppers or pencils.

Just keep going up the creek til you can go no further (or stop catching fish!) It can be trial & error, but a lot of fun

Go to the Freshwater Reports section & read the reports of Bassboy & other good Bass Fishos - check out what gear they are using & give it a go!

cheerio

Roberta

Mate I cant help you with area's. But in terms of best lures, My favourites for the creeks are Tiemco soft shell cicadas, small 30-40mm crankbaits and 1/4oz-3/8oz spinnerbaits (Tiemco make some good ones of these too). Working areas where theres shade or at the tops or bottom of pools will yield the most success, listen for the cicadas singing and overcast days help too. good luck on your bass adventures!