Bass everywhere!

Dave_

G'day again Raiders,

Me and the Mrs hit the Hunter River again tonight chasing Bass on surface land based. The last 2 days have been much cooler than usual so I figured they'd be shut down a bit so I left them alone.

Today was warmer and a bit muggy and the barometer was up so we had a crack at a new little spot we found after a bit of a trek through the bush and a trudge through the river. The wind was blowing insects out of trees and the Bass were loving it.

We used a Taylor Made surface breaker, Heddons tiny torpedo and a Jitterbug with all lures taking fish. All up we got 9 fish with the smallest at 31cm and the biggest at 40cm which fought like hell.

I hope you all aren't getting sick of my Bass reports, it's just that they are really on at the moment!

post-32123-0-39149100-1389265734_thumb.jpeg

post-32123-0-29289400-1389265771_thumb.jpg

post-32123-0-01335500-1389265799_thumb.jpg

Not sick of them Dave and great report! But I would like to know, who has the bigger bass record? You or the mrs???

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha, yeah my better half has got me here. She got a 50cm Bass on a big yabby at Glenbawn dam a few years back and her biggest wild fish went 47cm on 2 occasions and mine is 45cm 5 times. I can feel a wild 50cm fish coming soon though! Edited by Dave_

Haha, yeah my better half has got me here. She got a 50cm Bass on a big yabby at Glenbawn dam a few years back and her biggest wild fish went 47cm on 2 occasions and mine is 45cm 5 times. I can feel a wild 50cm fish coming soon though!

Oh mate! She really needs to sign up to raider and put the posts on for you! Lol.

50cm is awesome! Just remember you taught her everything she knows! Good on you girl!!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Oh mate! She really needs to sign up to raider and put the posts on for you! Lol.

50cm is awesome! Just remember you taught her everything she knows! Good on you girl!!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I expect this from sort of form from her now mate, after all this is the same girl who caught a 14lb Yellowbelly many years ago at Glenbawn. 14lb gutted. She's got some form out there.

x 2 what Swordie said!! You guys are so lucky that you both enjoy your fishing & can do it together!!!

NEVER get sick of reading bass reports - well done on some impressive catches!! Yeah, I landed a 50cm Glenbawn bass on a yabby about 10 years ago too!! Gee they pull hard at that size - I thought it was a snag & gave it a good tug, then it tugged back!! :074:

Keep those reports comin'!!

Roberta