Surprise catch...

350chev

Hi raiders,

Plan was to take my to elder daughter's and the missus, bub stayed at home with nan, for a fish in Botany Bay.

Late start, we didn't get onto the water till 10.30. We anchored up at our first stop loaded with hawksbury prawns and salted pillies.

Got the girls all sorted first then I was just about to cast out my line when all of a sudden my eldest says,

"Dad I've got something". I look over and her rod is buckled right over with 6lb mono peeling of her little reel.

After a few tense moments, when I thought she may throw in the towel, well actually I was hoping she would lol, up comes what I first thought was a small salmon.

Boy was I wrong, no salmon buy one thumping whiting. They were all screaming like little girls, including me hehe.

What a sight, a true elbow slapper.

She measured in at 43cm and fat as.

Once we composed ourselves, she was on again this time producing a 40cm flatty.

My younger daughter managed a few small snapper which kept her entertained.

The rest of the day saw a little exploring and swimming. The NE blew up and we called stumps.

My day went just to plan kids happy,

Missus happy cause kids happy and fresh fish for tea..

Cheers Guys

P.s im entering the whiting for Jan

COTM.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Awesome mate! Great for the kids to get amongst it especially with results like that! Well done.

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Thanks witha

Always a joy to see the kids getting stuck into a few.

Awesome fish there there Dan and you better get used to it, "The daughter out fishes Dad" 

Well it happens in my house  :(

:D  :biggrinthumb:

Thanks blackfish

Yeah we were pretty stoked with that whiting and yes things are definitely the same in my house.

That's a great fish and well done to you and the girls! It looks more like a small soapie than whiting. Absolute cracker! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks mate. Yeah we were pretty happy. Dont get to see them that big so often, not in the bay that is.

Cheers

Hey zarn, long time buddy. Yeah it was an awesome site especially seeing my daughter bringing it up. We definately need to catch up soon. These hoodies are taking their time this season.

Cheers Daniel

Nice one !! thats a cracker for the bay . I havent caught one above 30 let alone that biggen .

your daughter will be hooked for life now, mine are just starting out and are rapt

to be catching small bream and snapper , i cant wait til they catch a fish of that caliber .

Congratulations - Thats a cracker whiting Im sure anybody would be happy to land :)

After that and the snapper and flatty I bet you got eager company to take with you on any fishing trip in the future! Thats great mate :)

My daughter outfishes me on whiting as well and that keeps her really keen to go fishing with dad also. Great to see familys fishing together, Well done mate and congratulate your girls for me they did good!

PS it also gives you a nice excuse just incase you come back without having caught any fish yourself. "I was helping my daughter" will probably get a "Yeah sure" response from the wife if she is anything like mine :D :D but at least its some kind of a weak excuse :D

Nice one !! thats a cracker for the bay . I havent caught one above 30 let alone that biggen .

your daughter will be hooked for life now, mine are just starting out and are rapt

to be catching small bream and snapper , i cant wait til they catch a fish of that caliber .

Thanks mate

Definitely not a common catch for the bay. The kids love it. It only takes that one time to get that big fish to get you really hooked. I've got a 2 year old girl as well, can't wait till she can join her two older sisters.

Congratulations -   Thats a cracker whiting Im sure anybody would be happy to land :)

After that and the snapper and flatty I bet you got eager company to take with you on any fishing trip in the future! Thats great mate :)

My daughter outfishes me on whiting as well and that keeps her really keen to go fishing with dad also. Great to see familys fishing together, Well done mate and congratulate your girls for me they did good!

PS it also gives you a nice excuse just incase you come back without having caught any fish yourself. "I was helping my daughter" will probably get a "Yeah sure" response from the wife if she is anything like mine :D :D but at least its some kind of a weak excuse :D

Cheers mate

Your definitely on the money. All I get is , "dad when we going fishing"!

Must admit im lovin it.

It's great opportunity to spend time as a family, doing what we love.

I think ill have a hard time trying to convince the missus that I was helping them, it'll be more like they were helping me.

Cheers Dan