Bass Fishing with Nat

After all the recent reports of the great fishing up near Windsor I decided to give Nat a call as we hadn't caught up much after we got retrenched last year.

I knew deep down it would be hectic at this time of year up at Windsor but I didn't reckon on the sheer numbers on a hot summers afternoon and just going up river was different with many people swimming across the river.

To say the fishing was tough would be an understatement with only 4 strikes all afternoon and hundreds and hundreds of casts made with every lure we owned but the river to sea cicadas did the trick with a couple of mid 30s fish hitting the camera.

post-256-0-91389800-1389481927_thumb.jpg post-256-0-70378900-1389481934_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-50216400-1389481943_thumb.jpg post-256-0-35931100-1389481950_thumb.jpg

One nasty incident was when some fool in a ski boat came very close to us whilst we were on the electric and stopped all of a sudden to let their skier get back in the boat and sent a huge wave towards us that nearly swamped s and it was so big that it sent me on my casting platform seat and all to the floor crashing down on the back of the boat and didn't I have some nice bruises this morning....I just have this to say...THANKS D*&%

Suffice to say that this will be my last ever trip to Windsor on any weekend as this place is full of idiots.

Thanks Nat for a top day out and the chat was excellent and good to catch up with you again.

Regards Stewy

well done swordie, put in at nepean next time its full of idiots as well but the beuit thing about it is that they all go up stream becaue down river is 4 knots and the rowing club keep a close eye on it.And im pretty sure you could catch four bass in an hour.( dont hold me to that)

Hi Stewy, sorry you had a torrid time. I fish in the Yak from Hanna Park at Nth Richmond. Its a bit of a drag down to the water from the car park but I have wheels that I padlock up to a tree or steel post - works OK and they've still been there each time I return so far :-). Was out yesterday and didn't see a boat till 11am and then only tinnies putting up the river - nothing crazy - hardly saw another soul - just two blokes fishing in Yaks as well and one bloke just out for a paddle.

I'm sure it might get silly there at some stages too but nothing like Windsor. The boats are crazy. Kind of like Tench Reserve at Penrith on a hot weekend - ski boats, huge trailer boats that should be at sea, wake boats, jet skis..... one small two lane ramp.... terrifying on a Sunday afternoon.

The fish in the pics are nice tho.... All the fish I've got recently I've got on River2Sea Buggi Pops and betts spins. Small black twichy divers with white/yellow bellies also working well. Using smaller lures I'm getting a lot of smaller fish but the takes of the surface are still great fun and the occasional bigger fish thrown in keeps it very interesting.

Edited by mottyman

Well done on even getting fish, Stewy & Nat! Shame about the dorks in boats - you don't need a brain to get a licence, obviously, even tho there are restrictions on how close they are supposed to get to other vessels ...... imagine what that bow wave would have done to us in a kayak!! :ranting2::mad3:

I've been swamped by one up here! :devil: Hope your gear wasn't damaged (apart from you suffering bruises!)

Yeah - I don't go upriver here now for the same reason, until it gets colder & the wimps in ski boats don't come out til next summer! :clapping:

cheers

Roberta