Leader

james3210

Thanks guys for the advice. It looks like i catch more fish everytime i change to new leader. I don't know why. Exactly the same brand and size of leader.

Maybe the fish can see or smell something wrong with the old leader? Scratching me head now...

Hi all, if the leader you already have tied on is long enough simply run the line through your lips,they are much more sensitive than your hands and if you detect any roughness or fraying replace the leader.As mentioned above flourocarbon can be quite expensive and for the average punter to be tying a new leader after every fish regardless of the condition of the line seems to be a waste of money to me.Flourocarbon has a few different properties compared to mono and one of the major benefits is better resistence to weakening due to exposure to ultra violet light. I have happily used flouro leaders that have been rigged for weeks at a time before changing them only because the usable length was too short to provide enough distance from the visible braid.Mono on the other hand degrades quickly with exposure to heat and sunlight and I would replace these leaders much more frequently. cheers troutboy