Balmoral Bait Grounds video

tinny1

Just a short video of the bait grounds at Balmoral on Sunday morning , didn't see any squid but plenty of yakkas which were very tempremental, it took 2 of us 40mins to land 12.It was an absolutely great day apart from a big fat zero on the kings they just didn't want any part of our lively little yakkas .We saw a few rats landed within 4mtrs of our boat but those guys were fishing freshly caught "dead" squid.Sorry about the quality but had the camera setup wrong DOH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QlkHx6zR3U&list=UUf3IZbKJhs2LAwu7_jOyiIA&feature=c4-overview

Guest Aussie007

good little video on bait fish seems theirs a few in that patch, i think your bait is to hard what were u using? a size 10 sure catch hook with a 30mm long squid tentical nails them every time, i didnt see any burley?

good tips fellas , its a GO PRO 3 SILVER edition but like i said i screwed up and the setting should have been set to 1080p HD anyway next time you should be able to see their scales .There were a few boats around and not many bringing them in and as it turned out the No1 live bait squid was the choice of kingies that day ,i need to get my act together and get those lolli pops 1st :sun:

nice vid mate, look at all those damn sweep fighting for the bait, pesky buggers they are. found mince meat keeps them relatively quiet but yakkas still like it

isn't it funny that everytime you hook those bloody things you get them in the eye

good little video on bait fish seems theirs a few in that patch, i think your bait is to hard what were u using? a size 10 sure catch hook with a 30mm long squid tentical nails them every time, i didnt see any burley?

was berlying between shots got a little cloudy to film but we didn't really need much they were everywhere , and your dead right the squid tenticals are No1 for sure

We hit up the harbour on sat and had limited success like you guys. Had no problems getting lives, yakkas and even slimies as well as there were heaps schooling up. Spun up a rat king on a metal lure off the colours other than that all quiet, no luck with the squid either

We hit up the harbour on sat and had limited success like you guys. Had no problems getting lives, yakkas and even slimies as well as there were heaps schooling up. Spun up a rat king on a metal lure off the colours other than that all quiet, no luck with the squid either

a couple of boats were at the white drum near the navy wharf and got the kings i mentioned on the squid , but it's like anything i suppose their either hungry or not