Favourite bass lure?

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

I'm heading up to the manning river with a mate on Saturday yakking and looking to get amongst the bass! I will be covering about 20km of the river so I'm sure I'll be losing a few lures in the process and changing several times as well

So my question is what's your favourite bass lure?

Cheers scratchie!!!

Scratchie,

Ill say the megabass Siglett or the heddon Torpedo.

In my short bass fishing experience I have found it's more about the "cast and wait". What I mean by that is... the best advice I have been given is to

cast the surface lure then wait until the ring dissipates then start to work the lure. More often than not if bass are there that will hit within the first few seconds of the lure landing on the surface.

Good luck

Edited by DeanFish

Hi Scratchie,

Finally a question that I can give you some feedback on. The cicada lures are very good. Cheap ones seem to work as good as the pricey ones, but the pricey ones look good enough to eat! I'd get a couple of cheapies, though, as they seem work best when the cicadas are in full song. Dunno where they're at around the Manning.

But I can personally recommend the Rebel Crawdaddy. Get the little (3cm) version in red. They are a shallow diving lure, perfect for small rivers and creeks. As DeanFish said, just cast, wait for a bit and start a slow roll back toward you parallel to the shore, making sure that you can feel the lure working through the water. Then hang on!