New pb Bream (Goliath)

joking fish

I went fishing on the Northern Beaches today with my long time friend Michael Kim. With my new 4kg stick and ganged Pilchards I landed a beastly 42 cm Bream which bettered my old pb by 4cm. I was tempted to let it go as fish of this size are very old. Still, I kept it for the dinner table. I also scored 2 decent Bonitio. Kim caught a Snook which he threw back due to their average eating qualities and lack of flesh. We also threw back some little Red Bream through out the afternoon. It was a glorious evening and rumour has it Kylie Minogue was 100 metres down the road in a café. Life is awesome.

post-16627-0-43685200-1390483888_thumb.jpg

post-16627-0-75491700-1390484076_thumb.jpg

Well done mate, it's not easy to entice a bream that has been around and seen every bait and lure known to man for the last couple of decades, you definitely had to have done something just right to tempt that big old boy.

I reckon Stinky Pikes are quite alright, they taste good; their flesh a bit flaky but pike is certainly one of these fishes that doesn't taste what it smells! I'd rather eat pike than bream personally...

Barcod very nice bream indeed you don't catch them this size everyday ! ;) Well done