Bars and River Mouths

grandad

Guest Aussie007

great pictures grandad

nambucca bar, what do the painted rocks represent? curious.. its clear its people who have passed away just wondering if those lifes have been lost at the bar or for people who have had their ashes scattered there?

Nambucca bar's painted rocks look like the local teenagers love declaration wall for the main part. If that's the worst they get up to, then that's fine. A bit of local art never goes astray.

Actually I just looked it up. It's called the V-Wall. Visitors are encouraged to paint the rocks to make their own postcards from Nambucca. Quaint!

The unsuccessful crossing looks nasty enough. Makes me glad to keep both feet on dry land and quiet backwaters.

Edited by GreyNurse

Some nice pictures there grandad. I recognize a few spots there. The painted rocks are at port macquaire too! And your right nursie, they are for visitors postcards. Some of the ones at port are amazing and very creative.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Ah Portland and Portfairy, the two places I first started saltwater fishing around 30 years ago, there are some great fish to be caught at those entrances... well by Victorian standards anyway, now that I'm a New South Welshmen I've long moved on to bigger and better things :)