Quintrex 600 offshore; floor, windscreen, fuel tank, bait tank.

wish2fish

Hi raiders,

It's time to repair the floor in my vessel. The original floor is carpet over marine ply. I'm looking for recommendations whether to replace it with the same or if there is a better way to do it.

Also if you can recommend outlets where to get the best prices for material.

I am thinking of adding another under floor fuel tank while the floor is up. Does anyone on here make them?

Next on the list is a new windscreen, live bait tank and storm cover.

All suggestions welcomed.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checker plate floor and while your at it throw some rubber mating cut to size on top for extra comfort if you can afford it you won't look back.

There's plenty of suppliers out there,just do a Internet search.

Cheers.

Guest Aussie007

do u know the thickness of plywood floor u have? the composite boat designer recommends kokoda plywood it comes in marine or exterior grade both just as good with the special glue

im using a mix of kokoda plywood and meranti plywood for my build, the floor will be meranti

you can do your own windscreen i done one on a small tinny came up looking great but if u would rather pay someone theres a good place in blacktown so ive been told

I thing the existing floor is 10mm marine ply. I'm guessing it is 10mm as that is what's available at bunnings.

If I was to do it in aluminium, I would assume the thickness would be at least half that. That would make things tricky as there is an aluminium trim around each floor panel that sits just below the carpet level.

As for the windscreen, it's a curved one. Would this come in a kit or would I have to make it up from scratch? I'm all for the DIY project and Blacktown is right up my alley too. Do you have any more info on the place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As for the windscreen, it's a curved one. Would this come in a kit or would I have to make it up from scratch? I'm all for the DIY project and Blacktown is right up my alley too. Do you have any more info on the place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a post from several years ago. This guy tends to be a popular choice,

***********************************************************************************

I smashed the screen on the pogoboat last year and someone on this site reccomended

Australian Boat Screens

19 Prince William Drv Seven Hills 2147 (02) 9624 3737

His workshop is just off the end of the M2

He did a great job, My screen is a centre console screen in perspex, about 900 high by about 1000 wide and flat across the front but curved back around the console frame rails He charged me 300 from memory and had the job done in a couple of days

Regards Pogo

***********************************************************************************

Also , google "boat wind screens" There are a few others around the Western suburbs.

You mentioned a LBT in your origional post. There are lots of options depending on the rear area of you boat so some pic's would be helpfull

Geoff

• 2 months later...

Update;

Floor done. I went with marine ply and reused the old carpet which was still in good nick. I chose this option because I only needed to replace half of the floor and I wanted it to match. I reused the old carpet as I couldn't find anywhere to buy the same colour carpet.

All up it costed around $120. Took me a day to measure and cut the ply, 4 days to apply the lacquer, a day to stick the carpet and a day to refit.

I coated the ply with 3 coats of lacquer and used a waterproof contact adhesive to stick the carpet down. Will have to see how long it lasts.

Next up - the boat cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk