Help planning a trip over Easter

DanRob

Hi raiders!

I have decided to take the 3 days off between Easter and Anzac Day and get 10 days to go on a family holiday. We have a baby and 2year old and want a pretty laid back holiday.

So, who has any ideas of places to go? Would love to find a place where there is great fishing but that can't really be the focus of the trip. fishing close to where we are staying would be good.

Happy to drive or fly but keep it to a minimum with kids.

Cheers,

Dan

An appartment at Little beach in Nelson Bay, maybe, 2 Ramps in proximity, 3 with Soldiers point. Lovely beach for the little one's. Meat raffles at the RSL. Yo can fish from the warf, or go to the breakwalls if land based. And you might give Scratchie a PM, as he seems a very nice person, and he might give more tips where to fish. if you are from sydney it's only a 2-3 hour driving. I know, not the most original idea, but very practical in my view.

The other (much more) expensive idea is Plantation Island Resort in FIJI.

New Zealand!

fly to south island hire a motor home & explore, then if you can escape for a day do a charter maybe out of Queenstown where your wife & children can have entertainment aswell.

getting accommodation in Australia is well over priced at that time if not booked out already.

Brett

Over easter the kings are firing in merimbula, it was easter last year there when I hooked and got bricked by a 1.5 metre hoodie just off the wharf using 50lb gear. I still can't forget about it but the big trout I caught and won COTY for went a long way toward soothing the pain. It is a beautiful part of the country and I can put you onto some gun spots. Wherever you go I hope you enjoy yourself.

Happy travels.

Luc.

Fraser Island Qld would be my pick. Fly direct to Hersey bay, ferry across to Kingfisher Bay Resort. Great fishing off the pier and beach that side of the island. Monster flatties ,mackerel and mack tuna. Great facilities ,pools restaurants bar 4wd hire tours. Fenced off from dingos. For older kids they have a junior Eco rangers club to keep them busy. I went there my first anniversary 16 years ago and got my biggest lizard ever. Been back and still love it.

• 2 weeks later...

After suggesting Port Stephens, I though, what the heck?

My little one loves Tiny Beach (a.k.a Little Beach ): "you know Papi, me like tiny beach, there are no big waves, for big vawes you have to go to big beach, and me no like big beach. There are dolphins at tiny beach, not sharks, sharks are at big beaches. That's why me loves tiny beach"

My son loves the fishing at the "Dangerous zone" marker at Dutchman's beach, and when anchored correctly is is huge fun to fish there.

My Wife loves the shopping at salamander, and the lighthouse.

We seem to be lucky at the RSL raffles, and love to BBQ them at the beach.

So Yes I booked 11 nights at the townhouses close to Litte Beach. Shoalbay at Easter, here we come.

So looks like we'll be heading to shoal bay! Booking accommodation tonight.

So, what to bring? I can cover lots of different types but there is no point bringing everything if it just fills the car.

Fishing the area mid April what is worth targeting? I can cover most types except too rough waters as I only have a 4.3mtinny.

is it worth fishing land based or just plan a day or two in the tinny?

Now is the fun part! Planning the fishing.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks Raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks scratchie! That's one of the great things about this site there is so much info to be found. And port Stephens in particular is so well resourced thanks to your input!

I'll be in touch if I get stuck!

Cheers,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk