Cold Wet and Windy on the Harbour

Krispy !

Headed out early this morning to one of my harbour haunts and was pleasantly surprised to find it empty. I quickly started a burley trail and sent the baits down. I was using fresh prawns and pilchards with bread for burley. The first hour passed and I had landed 4 legal bream plus a few throwbacks and a pesky eel. As the sun came up the bite died down a little as it hit the peak of the tide. When the water began running out again the wind and rain came along making it annoyingly difficult to feel for bites however the bream were hooking themselves and plenty of bream were landed throughout the day with more throwbacks than legals. Also lost a decent Amberjack that would've gone 60-70cm on the surface when the hooks pulled while waiting for the net to arrive. A few swirls and small splashes were enough to tempt me to get the lures out and Managed to get a frigate on a 3 gram chrome. To finish the day I was mucking around with light lines, small hooks and bread and managed a trevally and blackfish. Great little session despite the poor conditions, I should go fishing in bad weather more often :P

post-11865-0-32804000-1393473047_thumb.jpg

nice days fishing there , nothing worse than bad weather and no fish at least you cancelled one out.

A nice mixed bag mate! It was not a fun day to be out however makes it worthwhile when you're catching!

Nice mixed bag, did you catch that Blackfish On Prawn, Ive caught a few like that.

Thanks guys it was nice to get a few today, Groper i caught it on bread :)

Good one, that's a fair bag. What do you do with the frigates, I have only ever used them for bait , are they any good to eat.

Im having it as sashimi right now, very very nice to say the least, better than bonito and texture like yellowfin