Teamed up- port stephens!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

I got a generous invite last night from fellow raider fishythings and who am I to begrudge a fishing invite. So we agreed on a gentlemans start of 7am. Loaded the tank with livies and headed out to fad. We got there and were greeted by a nice water temp and fair seas but impending showers. Not fazed we through out some livies and instantly bang we're on!

post-24974-0-24586000-1393837073_thumb.jpg

A nice little one but we wanted bigger and we didn't have to wait long!

post-24974-0-66196100-1393837141_thumb.jpg

We played around for a bit more, caught a few and dropped plenty but it wasn't our real target so we moved on and trolled some lures before the tide change. Looked for beaks for about 2-3hrs but nothing. Then we past some fish traps and bang, the long corner goes, wasn't peeling much and we suspected a Dollie, so I grabbed the rod, it was a decent fish and then I lost it. Tried again, hooked up and lost it again. Then we stuck to our plan, worked a lot of water, found bait and marked a couple but zeros!

On the way back, with a few livies left we hit the fads again. The bite was good but not as hot as the morning although we still managed a few for the table

post-24974-0-05563000-1393837637_thumb.jpg

It was a great day all the same and I would like to thank fishythings for the invite and being a true host. It was great to meet you and share a day out on the water!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Sounds like a great day Scratchie... I am yet to catch a Dollie, would love to tick that one off the bucket list

Well organise you and your mate deanfish and head up here for a weekend. Happy to show you guys around!

Sounds like an awesome day. Dollies are taking it to the next level and a fish I'm realy keen to target but probably a bit beyond my boats reach/capability. Would love to take you up on that offer to show us around up there at some stage.

Sounds like an awesome day. Dollies are taking it to the next level and a fish I'm realy keen to target but probably a bit beyond my boats reach/capability. Would love to take you up on that offer to show us around up there at some stage.

Whenever you guys want. They are everywhere up here ATM. Not that far out either about 12 mile. A few beaks in between as well. Make a date and send me a pm!